Travelling Mailbox Short Term Review

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

It was a large check I had been expecting.

Cost to much to post that size

check.jpg

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Cost to much to post that size

check.jpg

Not quite that big!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm awake because there is some kind of drunk driving incident in front of my house and it looks like POGO is involved, again!

I just received the FEDEX tracking info and it is Tuesday delivery, so I guess they use the 2 day FEDEX to get the cheap rate I mentioned.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Don, I suspect after selling your Florida property, finishing final paperwork, and money deposits you will have less stress and sleep better not being concerned with issues that far away.   We are planning a return next July for my daughter to attend a year of school with her friends there.  While there I plan to sell some of my rental properties and settle some estates.  I'm looking forward to less things on my plate to be concerned about.  I will say that I have had a very good property manager that was a big help.  Otherwise I don't know how I could have made the move here.  Now you can rest between going to the bank and counting you money :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Don, I suspect after selling your Florida property, finishing final paperwork, and money deposits you will have less stress and sleep better not being concerned with issues that far away.   We are planning a return next July for my daughter to attend a year of school with her friends there.  While there I plan to sell some of my rental properties and settle some estates.  I'm looking forward to less things on my plate to be concerned about.  I will say that I have had a very good property manager that was a big help.  Otherwise I don't know how I could have made the move here.  Now you can rest between going to the bank and counting you money :thumbsup:

Yes, the rental property was a bit stressful at times, but I consider myself lucky to sell it near one of the peaks in the market, and I had a super tenant for the last 6 years.  It is also a good time to sell because of my tax situation.  I went back and forth about selling, but in the end I erred on the side of making things easy for my family.  I'm 63 and if I got hit by a truck tomorrow, a rental property would be very hard for them to deal with and dispose of without getting ripped off.  I'm now trying to set things up to make it easier for my family when that big truck comes!

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm now trying to set things up to make it easier for my family when that big truck comes!

Don't be so negative OnMyWay!

A Jeepnee is much more likely to see you off than a truck :hystery:

• Haha 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm now trying to set things up to make it easier for my family when that big truck comes!

I'm hoping my end is not with a truck.  However, I too am concerned with all the extra unneeded things at this stage of live.  I want to make it simpler for my family when I move on sometime hopefully far into the future.:tiphat:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

A Jeepnee is much more likely to see you off than a truck :hystery:

Not if I'm driving the truck :crashh:

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/15/2020 at 12:22 AM, OnMyWay said:

Now, I am trying Travelling Mailbox check deposit service. 

I received an envelope from my former mortgage company early this evening and requested it to be opened and scanned.  TM did this within 2 hours.  It was a large check I had been expecting.

Previously I posted about downloading a check and then using my Chase Bank phone app to deposit it.  Chase has me on a $5000 limit for depositing with the phone app.  I pleaded with them to raise it because I knew this check was coming, but they would not budge.

The Traveling Mailbox check deposit process was very simple.  The most tedious thing was typing in my address and banking info for my bank, but that is a one time thing.  Chase has a Bank By Mail physical address, and that is what I used because I knew that TM would use Fedex for the shipment.  After selecting the mail with the check, you just type in the amount and last 4 digits of the check number.  Then, if you have another mail with another check, you can select it and add it so you save on shipping.  I didn't need to.

The cost for Fedex Express was cheap.  $6.99 I think, +$4.99 service charge.  Total was less than $12 and it will be there Monday, I think.  Optionally, I could have added Fedex Saturday service and the total would be over $30.  No need.

I expect it will be shipping Friday afternoon their time and I will get the tracking # then.

Follow up.  Fedex delivered to Chase Tueday AM ~10 and I think Chase put in in my account within an hour.  It was "pending"  (on-hold) for about 24 hours and is now available.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Traveling mail box has so for been very good.  They sent me some documents via Fedex on 20 August, arrived in the Philippines on 26 August (scheduled delivery date), was held at customs for a day, then Fedex said would deliver by 6 pm on 27 August.  Now Fedex is saying delivery date is not scheduled at this time.  Glad I don't need the documents anytime soon.