• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Squid1981 said:

I recieve ssdi and when I am able I want to come to the Philippines

From you name I am going to assume you might have been in the navy. So I apologize right now for being crude. This one of those times you really, really need to think with the big head and not the little one! Listen to the boots on the ground on this one.

:stop_80_anim_gif:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

All great and savy advice above and so much info you have not provided about the girl, her family, how long known, met?, actually "seen" her, etc.  I'll add from my own experience, after now wife and I lived together for a while in Okinawa, that when I went to visit and stay with her family in Bagong Silang (large slum outside of Manila) where they had a decent house among shacks, houses, huts, etc...the whole gamut.....No biggie culturally as my Ex is a Filipino American and I'd lived/worked in PI back in 90's, plus host of other 3rd world locations, but Still it was very different when in a relationship with one of the "hosts" and the household was in line with what previously described above  with sleeping arrangements, a single bathroom/shower shared by 10 people, cockroaches from Jurasic Park!, etc.  Be prepared that none of her family may speak English and you'll have no idea what is being said about you, etc, and don't expect your gal to translate it all....all the more reason to meet in a more modern area and save the family visit for later, keeping in mind you will likely pay for Everything!...your SSDI makes you "RICH!" there in the PI.  As suggested, stay north such as Luzon or Cebu, and above all else, Research, Research and Research some more here, other forums and YouTube so that you have an idea of what getting into, regardless of whether ever stationed or port calls there back in the Navy days.   Good luck!  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Balisidar
Posted
Posted

He probably didn't like the advice given since he hasn't been back in months.

Ahh well.  

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

He probably didn't like the advice given since he hasn't been back in months.

Ahh well.  

A one post wonder :smile:

• Like 3

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Or he went anyways..... and.... :shooter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3