MGCQ versus GCQ - my experience

insite
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Here in Davao, I ventured forth again yesterday to the mall to be with L for her vaccination.

Yesterday there was a news article quoting Mayor Inday saying that quarantine food and medicine cards were no longer needed. Either I misunderstood (very common) or the news was incorrect. When entering the mall, I still needed to present my card. The guard checked the number to make sure it was "my" day then let me pass.

I am not sure why, but he did not ask for my ID to verify identity. I have, so far, not been stopped from going anywhere due to age. After entering the mall and waiting for L to pass, I noticed that most people were asked for ID's...

So maybe the passes are just not required for "normal" travel now? Well, we will find out on Tuesday when we will try to drive out into the province to see the ageing parents... I will post our results from that trip...

The new rulings come into effect from Monday 03/08  - http://byahengdo30.com/peace-and-order/davao-city-still-under-mgcq-fm-pass-curfew-to-be-lifted/

Alcohol Ban may be lifted by 01/09 -

viber_image_2020-07-31_19-39-00.jpg

• Thanks 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Shady said:

Depends on where you're located, Cebu just started its GCQ for 15 days and will then have an MGCQ so possibly September.

I guess it means that tourist visas for those who live in Cebu City will expire 30 days after the end of MGCQ? 

Edited by jaybee
spell

Shady
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Wonder about tourists with family (not married) plus financial commitments and approaching 3 years here. Must leave and unable to return.

Better get married fast

• Haha 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I guess it means that tourist visas for those who live in Cebu City will expire 30 days after the end of MGCQ? 

Makes sense, and unless they are checking addresses, which I don't think they do, then it would mean that's the expiration for everyone in Cebu with a tourist Visa.

Especially considering that travel agencies have been closed, and may remain closed throughout GCQ, and they often hold passports for foreigners.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Shady said:

Better get married fast

Would that help?  

Even if you applied for a provisional 13A don't you have to have a valid visa until it's approved?

Maybe your wife could acompany you outside of the Philippines and then you could both come back with Balkibayan?

*unsure*

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Even if you applied for a provisional 13A don't you have to have a valid visa until it's approved?

That is certainly my understanding of the situation... and I am one of those hoping to apply for a 13A in the near future. 

Not sure about Balikbayan 'run' at present. I decided just to stay here on tourist renewals this time (after two previous Balikbayan runs).

Certainly foreigners married to a local are permitted to enter the country, but not sure about how the Mrs would go on actually trying to LEAVE with me.

Then there is the (I would anticipate) massively increased travel cost now.  

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Would that help?  

Maybe your wife could acompany you outside of the Philippines and then you could both come back with Balkibayan?

*unsure*

Question would be for those on a 9a and approaching the 3 year status. They would be forced to leave but unable to return unless married.

There is some confusion about returning here if married, and spouse abroad. have read some reports that airport BI checks to ensure spouse is in Philippines, if not I am unsure what happens.

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, RBM said:

Question would be for those on a 9a and approaching the 3 year status. They would be forced to leave but unable to return unless married.

Issues like this will increasingly become a problem as people on tourist visas with long term girl friends, approach the three year limit.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, insite said:

Alcohol Ban may be lifted

Those are the key words... We shall see... I honestly do not hold out much hope because so many here seem to ignore the current guidelines anyway...

We can only hope...right?

RBM
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Those are the key words... We shall see... I honestly do not hold out much hope because so many here seem to ignore the current guidelines anyway...

We can only hope...right?

Tommy you talk about guide lines well I have just read 48 arrested over weekend in Bacolod for not having an approved safety barrier installed during riding with a back rider. This includes from my understanding wife or partner.

Another guide line....take jeeps....plastic barrier installed between passengers, OK, but they sit facing each other less than a meter apart....yapping away etc. No barrier down center of jeep, at least not here in Bacolod.

Times its just scratch my head and WTF....

• Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic