MGCQ versus GCQ - my experience

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Tommy you talk about guide lines well I have just read 48 arrested over weekend in Bacolod for not having an approved safety barrier installed during riding with a back rider. This includes from my understanding wife or partner.

Another guide line....take jeeps....plastic barrier installed between passengers, OK, but they sit facing each other less than a meter apart....yapping away etc. No barrier down center of jeep, at least not here in Bacolod.

Times its just scratch my head and WTF....

Yeah... that's what I see and read about here too. How many times have I seen and sometimes motioned to people who are either not wearing masks or not covering their noses as well as mouths by just doing a simple tap on the mask on my nose. I am always polite and sometimes mention that I am old and at risk... They never complain or look crossly at me.

Same deal here with the jeepneys - plastic between the passengers, but the center is wide open.

But I guess maybe some measures are working because - as of this moment - infection rates are very low here....

I think the motorcycle barrier rule is dumb... but.... I like the photo that somebody posted with a marriage license and photo on the front of the bike to prove the relationship.:laugh:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I think the motorcycle barrier rule is dumb... but

It is dumb. Dangerous, ridiculous and as you say dumb.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, GeoffH said:

Maybe your wife could acompany you outside of the Philippines and then you could both come back with Balkibayan?

I believe the only Filipino people allowed to leave are OFW.

For you Geoff desperate to get back, perhaps rent a Filipino child as your own as Foreigners with Filipino minor children are allowed in  :smile:

• Haha 3

Shady
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Foreigners with Filipino minor children are allowed in

Brings up an interesting point: Foreigners with Filipino children should be a Visa category.  I understand why they wouldn't want it though.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Travel info in Davao Region:

L and I ventured forth to visit family yesterday for the first time since February...

Supposedly, as of Monday, this week there are few restrictions under the modified MGCQ. That seems to be true.

L went online and downloaded two travel forms - one is a sort of Davao manifest (they call it) and the other is a Davao City travel order. We each filled one out as we were told by a neighbour who had traveled recently that these were required....but then, he went through Mati and we do not go as far. They simply had addresses of origin and destination, dates of travel. mode of travel and name and date.

We also went on the day that my FM pass was valid, just to be extra sure. As it was, I forgot that pass in the other car...ooops... I sweated the entire trip, being a foreigner, over 59 and leaving the city. I did have my passport and SRRV card. We both felt a bit paranoid about what "might" happen...

There were several checkpoints along the way - PNP, military, Covid19, etc. The most involved ones just had us roll down our window, took a quick look at us and waved us through with a smile. We always greeted and thanked them - and they were all cool to deal with.

We drove from Davao del Sud (the city proper), Davao del Norte, and then to Davao Oriental. No problems at all. Nobody asked for any papers or documentation and nobody asked any questions.

The best part - other than visiting family - was that there are no alcohol restrictions once outside the city. So we loaded up on some beer, wine and Tanduay! Then I was concerned about the return trip - as in, would anybody check the car? Again...no issues whatsoever. We did not have the car loaded, but just a case plus large plastic bag of liquor bottles. The only problem was upon return when the sky went dark and there were torrential rains slowing us down to 30 kph at times with lights on and wipers at high speed. There was lots of minor flooding along the way and we later learned there was serious flooding on at least one river in Davao City.

I observed that maybe 2/3 of people wore masks and wore them properly. Many did not wear any at all and also many did not cover their noses... Well... we wore ours to be safe but removed them on the highway but keeping them close at hand for checkpoints. And motorcycles seemed to always get stopped and checked thoroughly while everyone else was passed through checkpoints.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

L went online and downloaded two travel forms - one is a sort of Davao manifest (they call it) and the other is a Davao City travel order. We each filled one out as we were told by a neighbour who had traveled recently that these were required....but then, he went through Mati and we do not go as far. They simply had addresses of origin and destination, dates of travel. mode of travel and name and date.

I wanted to travel but after filling out the form they gave me rope to tie around my waist and said thats as far as I could go. Very disappointed.

rope.jpg

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Cebu city still needs Qpass to move about but everyone now allowed out on Sunday which they were doing anyway.

....................................................................................

Meanwhile, Labella reminded foreigners residing or visiting the city to observe its rules and health protocols.

This came after quarantine enforcement personnel, headed by Raquel Arce apprehended a Canadian national for going out on the street without a quarantine pass.

"When we are in Canada, we observe the rules of Canada. So when you are in the Philippines, you observe the rules in the Philippines," Arce told the Canadian. (PNA)

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1111482

• Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

"So when you are in the Philippines, you observe the rules in the Philippines,"

It would be a lot easier to observe the rules if they actually provided enough passes.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This came after quarantine enforcement personnel, headed by Raquel Arce apprehended a Canadian national for going out on the street without a quarantine pass.

"When we are in Canada, we observe the rules of Canada. So when you are in the Philippines, you observe the rules in the Philippines," Arce told the Canadian. (PNA)

It is precisely this sort of behaviour that causes governments to make the restrictive regulations... There are so many out there who just don't get it!!!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Shady said:

It would be a lot easier to observe the rules if they actually provided enough passes.

Depends where you live and the misunderstandings of passes. Qpass in Cebu  is shared in places like condos but your original Barangay pass is acceptable if you stay in your Barangay . If you wish to travel outside your area say like in my case if I wanted to go to Landers instead of the supermarket over the road then I need to borrow the Qpass because it is outside the 4 Barangays that my old pass permitted. 

Well thats what our admin office told us that the Qpass people told them and I have no problem going to Ayala over the road but If I wanted to go to the main Ayala I would need a pass.

Anyway

CEBU CITY—Starting August 16, the city government will be imposing stiffer penalties against those caught violating community quarantine protocols.

Approved last June 26, the ordinance, which was authored by City Councilors Dave Tumulak, Raymond Garcia and Phillip Zafra, will penalize violators with fines as much as P5,000, and a 30-day imprisonment depending on the discretion of the court.

The ordinance stated that while the city remains under community quarantine, the public has to observe the mandatory wearing of face masks and observing 1.5-meter social distancing in public places and in commercial and business establishments.

When on board public and private vehicles, one-meter physical distancing must be observed. The ordinance is also urging the public to follow the stay-at-home order and the use of quarantine pass when going outside the houses to run errands.

The city is under general community quarantine status until Aug. 15.

Violation of the ordinance may lead to the forfeiture of benefits and allowances provided by the city government for two years from the imposition of penalty.

Revocation of business permits or closure may be imposed on establishments caught violating the ordinance.

https://mb.com.ph/2020/08/09/cebu-city-to-get-tougher-on-protocol-violators/

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic