MGCQ versus GCQ - my experience

Shady
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you wish to travel outside your area say like in my case if I wanted to go to Landers instead of the supermarket over the road then I need to borrow the Qpass

And that's the problem, there aren't enough Quarantine passes to go around. It's like they calculate the number of residents in condo and divide by 10.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Shady said:

And that's the problem, there aren't enough Quarantine passes to go around. It's like they calculate the number of residents in condo and divide by 10.

We have ten odd and ten even number passes per building I think but anyway the idea is your only meant to go out for essentials and in my  case the Ayala across the road has most of what I need and I dont need a pass. My GF dont need one either as she has a work pass. I would say that most of the time there would be passes available to borrow here if needed.

Probably on August the 15th the pass thing will be scrapped or should be so I really dont know why they are bothering with them.

soupeod
Posted
Posted
On 8/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, jaybee said:

What about those with expired tourist visa? Last I heard they will have 30 days after the quarantine to renew their visa without fines, when this 30 period is starting?

Heard from a Gent in Cebu, he went to Jmail Cebu and was fined two months, because he was over two months.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, soupeod said:

Heard from a Gent in Cebu, he went to Jmail Cebu and was fined two months, because he was over two months.  

It has been reported and seems Fairly Common Knowledge that J. mall BI have some suspect characters working the Office, for me, Hearsay But................................. Where there is smoke comes to mind :whistling:

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling
  • Like 1

soupeod
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, GeoffH said:

Would that help?  

Even if you applied for a provisional 13A don't you have to have a valid visa until it's approved?

Maybe your wife could acompany you outside of the Philippines and then you could both come back with Balkibayan?

*unsure*

Shoot I dont have the link, but yes a 13a being processed you require a valid visa until approved.

There is no more BB to reenter.   You must go to your country's Filipino Embassy or Counselor and apply for a 6A and have a ton of proof you both are married to reenter.  Like I said I dont remember specifics but there is a list... check your countries 6A Embassy requirements.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, soupeod said:

You must go to your country's Filipino Embassy or Counselor and apply for a 6A and have a ton of proof you both are married to reenter.

:89: What is a 6a, Visa numbers 9 & 13 we know but 6? :whatever:

soupeod
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: What is a 6a, Visa numbers 9 & 13 we know but 6? :whatever:

9A sorry. :) Whatever the tourist visa is. haha

jimeve
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, soupeod said:

9A sorry. :) Whatever the tourist visa is. haha

Must have been upside down :smile:

shabbynomad70
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

It has been reported and seems Fairly Common Knowledge that J. mall BI have some suspect characters working the Office, for me, Hearsay But................................. Where there is smoke comes to mind :whistling:

hey jack,  there is a private office the private office will process visa extensions and also obtain immigration exit clearance for you.   

i agree things have changed at jmall in my last experience last year compared to years previous.   took a lot longer,  not as user friendly

Edited by Old55
Removed "Fixer" prices and location.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Shabby,

The forum forbids to post details about illegal activity in Philippines. We all know there are "fixers" and many officials take bribes but we always do the right thing and follow the rules as visitors to the Philippines. 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic