Creative first for Philippines

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Were there's a will there's a way!

Filippino's are well known for their ability to mend, fix anything.

Lack of money being the main reason they are inventive, take that a step further and you will be surprised just what they are capable of producing!

Sorry guy's not allowed to post copyright thing......However worth looking up "Revolutionary boat powered by the Ocean" article by the BBC!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kuya John said:

However worth looking up "Revolutionary boat powered by the Ocean" article by the BBC!

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200718-the-revolutionary-electric-boat-powered-by-the-ocean

8 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Sorry guy's not allowed to post copyright thing..

Why? its on the internet for everyone to see?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I do not see in the article any mention of HOW they are supposed to turn the wave action into electrical energy.  Also the comparison of a catamaran to a banka is quite strange in my opinion.  When I started reading I thought they were designing a boat where outriggers would flex and drive some type of generator, but the hull shown is a large basic triple hull catamaran.   :89:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

basic triple hull catamaran. 

Sorry to correct you a bit, Mike. Those are referred to as trimarans in the boating world...

They are awesome in the open ocean - very stable. However, should one encounter wind and/or sea conditions that might cause one to flip...then you are totally f*****.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think it's a common concept that may just be tweeking a little. 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Have just tried again to copy n paste.....still won't let me!

Anyway thanks for your input JGF, at least it's now up for debate.

Edited by Kuya John

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Baboons 'carrying knives and chainsaw' spotted in safari park

Well at least it let me copy n paste this article!!!!

Edited by Kuya John

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Have just tried again to copy n paste.....still won't let me!

Anyway thanks for your input JGF, at least it's now up for debate.

Yes I can copy and paste, here is some as proof :smile:

The Philippines’ traditional three-hulled boat is being redesigned, to draw its power not from fossil fuels, but from the energy of the waves.
W
We were standing in the pouring rain at Sabang Port, waiting for our turn to board a bangka (a traditional Filipino boat) that would take us to the entrance of the Puerto Princesa Underground River, which runs beneath a cave in Palawan, an island province on the western part of the Philippines. At last our bangka arrived, a trimaran with bamboo outriggers either side of its main hull.

The trimaran is a common sight on Philippine waters. The country pioneered this design in its early warships, then adopted it for its traditional sailboats and fishing boats. As an island nation, the Philippines relies on watercraft – boats, ferries and cargo ships – to transport people and goods across its more than 7,000 islands. But its fleet of cargo and passenger ships are one of the biggest contributors to the country’s greenhouse gas emissions. In 2012, transportation accounted for the second largest source of greenhouse gas emissions in the country’s energy sector, after heating and electricity. 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Always willing to learn JGF .........so if the above posting is delivered wrongly please delete and I'm sure you will let me know thanks.:tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John