Allowance , How much?

Shady
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, RBM said:

A wise man once told me.

Bruce give them what they NEED not what they WANT........

A wise man told the smaller a family a Filipina has, the better.

• Like 4

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Before Olivia and I got married, she sent around $100.00 a month to family.  So we send $350.00 now and I told the wife that this is a nice thing we do and we don't owe them any thing, so plan accordingly.  This helps out 9 family members.  

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think my alarm bells would be ringing if she had a 50% rise one year ago and now she wants a further 50% without an explaination.  I'm sorry to sound harsh but if you live apart six months every year it sounds more like a business arrangement than a marriage.  Tread carefully.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Joey G said:

My wife would laugh at me if I used the word "allowance"... we work up a budget together... we have an annual budget and a monthly budget... we lay out all income sources and expected expenses for both budgets... and adjust accordingly when necessary.  Call me crazy... but I can't remember the last time we had a spat over money.

Same here.  We do have a few spats about money but almost always it is about me spending too much on something she could have gotten cheaper.  She still thinks like the CPA she used to be and the very poor child she was.  I have a hard time convincing her to spend MORE money!

Honestly, I have a hard time imagining spending only 20k a month, let alone 8k.  During normal times I spend 8k every month for fuel.  I dropped 6k at the grocery store yesterday, but we have a family of 5 and my keto diet is expensive.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I don't get any allowance from anyone nor does my wife.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I don't get any allowance from anyone nor does my wife.

Same with us - but, when I was a child I remember my dad giving my mum her weekly housekeeping money on a Friday.  I suppose that was a kind of allowance.  I think most families were the same in the 60s and 70s.  

• Like 4

Joey G
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

She still thinks like the CPA she used to be and the very poor child she was.  I have a hard time convincing her to spend MORE money!

Mines a mattress stuffer as well... hides money in books to... kids say it will take weeks to go through them all when we pass.

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I think you're doing ok to be fair, I'd be happy if my wife managed to stick to spending 20k per week, let alone per month.

• Like 3

Dieter8
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I think you're doing ok to be fair, I'd be happy if my wife managed to stick to spending 20k per week, let alone per month.

I know a Filipina who is married to a Filipino OFW , he sends her 20k per week and she has another man on the side !! 

The problem is filipinos when together discuss what the foreign man is giving and they get jealous and expect the same .I dont want to spoil my wife . At present she gets half my pension . I live for 6 months away from the Philippines where the standard of living is higher .

• Like 2

carbpow
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know a chain restaurant owner here who said he pays his beginning employees what it takes to live and have a family. His base pay last year was 25,000/month for them. 

Edited by carbpow
more accurate information