Arrived in Manila at 0400 3 August 2020

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, KC813 said:

Did you get to chose from a list and get a good price?

I got the room we wanted.  We booked online prior to the start of our trip, had to have that on most of the forms we filled out.  We made it to our rental in Marilao Bulacan.  Sister in law and husband with a driver came and got us.  Now we have to do a 14 day self quarantine, just in case we might have gotten COVID-19 on the flight or airport.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, Yeochief said:

Arrived in Manila at 0400 3 August 2020.  Started out in Meridian, Mississippi and drove to Jackson, Mississippi and flew to San Francisco on American Airlines.  Stayed in a room in San Fran for a few days to get rested up for a 14 hour flight from San Fran to Manila.  Took less than 1 and a half at Manila airport with the processing of paper work and the COVID-19 test ($188.00 US).  Cashed in some money for Pesos at the airport, 48.40.  Now wait 48 to 96 hours for the results.  As of right now we have a driver picking us up and taking us to Bulacan.  No cancelations on the flights, I think the reason is we took a direct flight from the US (LAX/San Fran and maybe Seattle) to the Philippines.  If you fly through Japan or South Korea or any other place, you might have flights cancelled.

Hi Yeochief,

Had you already made arrangements to stay at an approved hotel in Manila and also prearranged for a covid-19 test?  If so which hotel did you stay at?

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Yes on the hotel, Belmont (they still owe me a refund)  

Hope you get your refund. Did you use an online service like Expedia or direct booking with the hotel?

While at the hotel, were you “confined to quarters”? Or were you allowed out to get food, drinks, etc? Or room service only? 

Thanks in advance for your reply and for your detailed explanations of your journey thru the Corona Rama circus, lol

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Confined to quarters.  Room service only, they do have a restaurant, not all items were offered on the menu that was in the room.  I booked directly with Belmont.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
On 8/13/2020 at 12:32 AM, Yeochief said:

Belmont (they still owe me a refund)

Got refund from Belmont, took right at two weeks.

• Like 4