Water Supply in the Provinces

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

This is a common location for the main capacitor.  Best to let someone else deal with it as it can store enough power to spoil your weekend even unpowered. An average electrician could test in in minutes to say if it is good or bad. It would be an item I'd check before replacing the valves especially if the contacts on the valve switched look burnt. 

https://youtu.be/cE72HhVF-rQ

jimeve
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

This is a common location for the main capacitor.  Best to let someone else deal with it as it can store enough power to spoil your weekend even unpowered. An average electrician could test in in minutes to say if it is good or bad. It would be an item I'd check before replacing the valves especially if the contacts on the valve switched look burnt. 

https://youtu.be/cE72HhVF-rQ

Thanks for the links, Snowy. I will take your advise and let a qualified electrician to have a look at the capacitor.

I'm sure it's not the switch as that's brand new.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2021 at 9:18 AM, jimeve said:

Thanks for the links, Snowy. I will take your advise and let a qualified electrician to have a look at the capacitor.

I'm sure it's not the switch as that's brand new.

Since the pump is running all the time, are you sure no one has tapped into a pipe somewhere and borrowing water or perhaps a leak causing it to keep pumping? 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Since the pump is running all the time, are you sure no one has tapped into a pipe somewhere and borrowing water or perhaps a leak causing it to keep pumping? 

We have our own well, so nobody can tap in. Not sure about a leak, maybe.

We managed to get a qualified technical plumber who installed the system 6 years ago, he sorted it out in a matter of minuets.

The cut-off settings needed adjusting on the pressure switch. Fingers crossed it will work for a while.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 2/17/2021 at 10:10 AM, jimeve said:

We have our own well, so nobody can tap in. Not sure about a leak, maybe.

We managed to get a qualified technical plumber who installed the system 6 years ago, he sorted it out in a matter of minuets.

The cut-off settings needed adjusting on the pressure switch. Fingers crossed it will work for a while.

All sorted, but another problem. We are getting sediment in the water from the deep well and is stainning the toilets, the guy who made the well can't get in touch, was in 2007.

Second problem, we have had city water instaled but they only put it outside in the garden. We are confused to what to do, wife says we need a storage tank and a water tank! I thought why a storage tank? and not just a water tank.

Any ideas?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, jimeve said:

wife says we need a storage tank and a water tank! I thought why a storage tank? and not just a water tank.

Any ideas?

In many barangays, water shortages are solved by only providing water 2 or 3 days a week to each of 2 or 3 locations.  This may be a proposal where you live.  In such a case you will need to be able to store enough water for at least 3 days use and a means to pressurize it to get it through your pipes.  I used a gravity feed system, that's common.  Just be sure your water storage is at a level that is at a low enough height for the municipal water to fill it, but high enough to give you gravity pressure when you turn your tap on. . .  or just install a pressure pump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In many barangays, water shortages are solved by only providing water 2 or 3 days a week to each of 2 or 3 locations.  This may be a proposal where you live.  In such a case you will need to be able to store enough water for at least 3 days use and a means to pressurize it to get it through your pipes.  I used a gravity feed system, that's common.  Just be sure your water storage is at a level that is at a low enough height for the municipal water to fill it, but high enough to give you gravity pressure when you turn your tap on. . .  or just install a pressure pump.

Thanks Dave, Just had a walk to one of the Filipinos and he has a concrete water storage tank also a 40ft high water tank. He must be using that for gravity pressure.

I understand what the wife was talking about now. I'm going to get a plastic water tank that will collect the city water we have already got a 2000liter tank we use for the deep well, That's located on the third floor. Just need to buy another pump to transport water from storage water to the 3rd floor.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jimeve said:

40ft high water tank.

Like this one? :smile:

https://youtube.com/shorts/EENP5bCO1QI?feature=share

jimeve
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, OnMyWay said: