Have you had it?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

From what I have been reading, it appears that one of the main indicators of being infected with this virus is loss of smell and/or taste. It sounds like it is one of the first symptoms that manifests and lasts...

L and I, too, were sick with some bug that left us coughing for weeks, back in February. We were wondering why we we were coughing for so long - more than a month. We were hoping that whatever it was might help protect us from the scourge.... but I don't think so at all now...

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

My temp at San Fran airport prior to checking in (required by all before check in) was 95, normal for me is about 97.2.  Medical care facilities in the United States get federal money if cases are COVID 19 related.  My question would be how many cases that are not COVID 19 related blamed on it?  Just about everywhere in the United States you see is "If your sick stay at home", call your health care provider to see if you need a test or not.  When we got our test at Manila airport, the guy that did Olivia test was nice to her, the young lady that did my test push the swab so far up my nose that it brought tears to my eyes, LOL.  We understand wearing mask is good, but you can get COVID 19 through your tear ducts also, wearing a face shield is good or eye protection, wearing rubber gloves is also good.  Where I came from in the state of Mississippi, they have just as many deaths than the Philippines, I think the number of deaths for both are over 2,000 now.  Living in fear is not good, puts to much stress on your body, which can cause some of the symptoms.  Just be smart and change the way we do our everyday living.  We all will have a new normal from now on.   

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Yeochief said:

My question would be how many cases that are not COVID 19 related blamed on it? 

I guess we will never know as long as hospitals are paid more for a Covid death and certain people want the COVID deaths to be as high as possible until at least Nov. 3.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-who-died-in-motorcycle-crash-counted-as-covid-19-death-in-florida-report

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I have been diligent with Seretide, 2 puffs twice a day.  I also started taking Zyrtec to help help with post nasal drip / allergies / rhinitis, especially at night.  This has worked really well so I will keep it up indefinitely.

I think Seretide is used for COPD prevention too, right?  I was never diligent in using it before and it didn't seem to do much for me, but it really is a good preventive medicine when used correctly.  My daughter and I have not had an asthma attack for 6 months now.  I hope she has grown out of it like her older sister did.

My typical illness begins with a sore throat followed by a "scratchy" chest that make me cough and then a bronchitis-like interval. As I said, I've had variations of it since my first visit here in 2008. A head cold is rare for me so the sinusitis or whatever it was was bizarre. I've never *pulled* mucous from my nose in ribbons before. Sorry if that's too graphic but it shocked the hell out of me.

I tried phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride with the sinus thing but only once as it's been taken off the market in the US and other countries. It didn't work so I didn't take any more. I also tried Phenylephrine which also didn't give any relief and have since looked it up to find that it doesn't work for a whole lot of people, to the point where it may be a placebo as a decongestant (it was used to replace the meth ingredients in OTC decongestants in the US). The Zyrtec antihistamines did nothing for me, either. 

The only thing that gave me relief was Oxymetazoline (Drixine) nasal spray which I used at night and which didn't give me the "rebound" congestion it does so many others.

I also found that four shots of saline spray, a tilted head and a "farmer blow" over the sink helped rid me of the mucous as the problem was winding down.

I've not used Seretide. A "Pulmonologist" here prescribed an inhaler that a little cursory research showed was incompatible with my BP meds. It might have been that.  I have a salbutamol inhaler and keep Duavent for nebulizing when things get bad.

BTW, if anyone needs a small, transportable nebulizer I can fully recommend the Chinese Olive mesh model OLV-N01. It runs on 2 AA batteries and works well for me, although you must hold it level or it leaks and you will wind up with a little wasted medicine. It beats hauling around tabletop models. I found it through Ali Baba but there is also a website: zzolive[dot]com. It was US$35 plus shipping and does not come with the DC power cord. Mine is not rechargeable as the website says.

olv-n01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

Well then i know i have not had it......during the lock down i was able to taste my wifes cooking :SugarwareZ-034::hystery:

And I've been tasteless my whole life... :hystery:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, jimeve said:

Russia Has Approved World's First Covid-19 Vaccine, Putin ...

:cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I'm generally pro-vaccine (which most people would know from reading my posts) but I wouldn't be taking this vaccine if it was offered at this time.

It's been approved BEFORE the stage III trials have even started!?

That's so much... putting the cart before the horse, that I don't even know what to say about it.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

:cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

:89:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic