Have you had it?

Joey G
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I'm generally pro-vaccine (which most people would know from reading my posts) but I wouldn't be taking this vaccine if it was offered at this time.

It's been approved BEFORE the stage III trials have even started!?

That's so much... putting the cart before the horse, that I don't even know what to say about it.

Agree... this goes along with having Aeroflot on my "Do not fly" list.... not that I can think of why I would ever fly on them... but it's on there none the less.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jimeve said:

Russia Has Approved World's First Covid-19 Vaccine, Putin ...

Brought to you from the country that brought you Chernobyl :hystery:

1 hour ago, jimeve said:

:89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, scott h said:

Brought to you from the country that brought you Chernobyl :hystery:

Remember 3 mile island. And that disinfectant drinking Donald duck of US. You must have. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:  

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Remember 3 mile island. And that disinfectant drinking Donald duck of US. You must have. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:  

The amount of radiactive material released at Long Island was small and relatively close to the plant compared to Chernobyl (INES level 5). 

Now Fukishima in Japan, that was (is) bad, arguably worse than Chernobyl (both are INES level 7 and the only such events on record).

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

The amount of radiactive material released at Long Island was small and relatively close to the plant compared to Chernobyl (INES level 5). 

Now Fukishima in Japan, that was (is) bad, arguably worse than Chernobyl (both are INES level 7 and the only such events on record).

Yeah I know :whatever:

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Ever since I returned to the US from the PI in early March I've been coughing up a small amount of green stuff when I get up after sleeping or napping, and a few other times during the day. It hasn't developed into real congestion or limited my activity, but it's there. Don't think it could be the 'rona. My wife is a nurse who gets tested every week or 2 and she is clear so that counts for me too.

It's definitely something. Never before had that go on for so long.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Three Mile Island is in Pennsylvania, Long Island is next to NYC. You are correct, though very costly to decommission the accident resulted in no real danger to the public from the Three Mile Island meltdown. That accident showed that the plant was way over designed. The radioactive release was a tiny fraction of what was expected from a 50% core meltdown. Another fact is that when the alarms first started going off, if everyone at the plant had picked up their lunch box and gone home for a week, the plant would have protected itself as designed and would have been able to be restarted. The operators did not fully understand what was happening and took actions which made the accident worse. A great deal was learned from that accident which has resulted in changes to plant design and operating procedures to improve safety. FYI, I worked for many years in nuclear plant operations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Now back to the topic at hand. :tiphat:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Ever since I returned to the US from the PI in early March I've been coughing up a small amount of green stuff when I get up after sleeping or napping, and a few other times during the day. It hasn't developed into real congestion or limited my activity, but it's there. Don't think it could be the 'rona. My wife is a nurse who gets tested every week or 2 and she is clear so that counts for me too.

It's definitely something. Never before had that go on for so long.

I am sure you don't have "it." L and I have had something like that last year and also a few years ago... Positive it is just a local "crud" that may take weeks to clear... At one point, a friend of mine thought he had TB... The cough just did not settle for many weeks...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I went to my doctor about something like that 2 years ago, it lasted for a couple of months.  It would go away for a few days then come back again.

My doctor said it was a 'low level persistent or recurring chest infection', I asked about antibiotics but he said they were most often viral and that it should eventually clear up and he said it was common in older patients after a cold or flu infection.

Not sure if it's the same thing... but it sounds like it.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic