Mandatory face shield with mask on public transport soon

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

With the new rules coming in for public transport as well as my GF work building I decided to get a good shield which should cover future changes as they get more strict. She was not happy with the color I chose. :mocking:

facemask.jpg

Face shields required for public transport passengers starting August 15

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, August 5) — Passengers using any mode of public transportation are required to wear face shields on top of face masks starting August 15, the Department of Transportation announced Wednesday.

“Ipatutupad po natin ang mandatong ito sa lahat ng pampublikong sasakyan tulad ng sa mga tren, bus, jeepney, taxi, passengers vessels at maging sa eroplano,” DOTr Undersecretary for Administrative Affairs Artemio Tuazon, Jr. said in a statement.

[Translation: We will implement this mandate in all public vehicles including trains, buses, jeepneys, taxis, passenger vessels and even in airplanes.]

He reminded the public that the protective shield should cover the entire face, meaning goggles and other eyewear will not do.

Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade appealed to the passengers not to look at the new order as an additional expense, saying “no amount of protection is too much when it comes to health and safety.”

The DOTr said the directive applies to all public transportation throughout the country.

Various transportation sectors have been informed of the mandatory wearing of face shields through a memorandum circular on Tuesday. Government officials last week said face shields are highly encouraged – and may soon be required – to be worn in public as additional protection since the coronavirus is spread through respiratory droplets.

The virus can enter the body through the nose, mouth, and even the eyes, prompting health authorities to advise frequent handwashing, wearing of face masks in public, and physical distancing.

READ: Should we all be wearing goggles or face shields?

The Philippines now has more than 112,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with over 66,000 recoveries and 2,115 deaths.

Health workers have sounded the alarm over the unabated rise in infections, prompting President Rodrigo Duterte to impose a stricter modified enhanced community quarantine in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal until August 18. Public transportation is suspended under MECQ, while limited operations are allowed in areas under more relaxed quarantine measures.

https://www.cnn.ph/news/2020/8/5/face-shields-required-public-transport.html

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are also some funny sights in Canada. Yesterday I saw an older (70+) woman in the grocery store wearing a motorcycle helmet with a Face shield.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There are also some funny sights in Canada. Yesterday I saw an older (70+) woman in the grocery store wearing a motorcycle helmet with a Face shield.

Remember the good old days when the only time you put your mask on was when you declared a hold up. I missed those days but now they are back. :smile:

• Haha 5

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

It is amazing how things change, before my bank (NFCU) would not allow you to wear ball caps or sunglasses and now you have to have a mask and no contact with the tellers, have to pass a basket back and forth.  What is the life of COVID-19 on money?  Some stores do not use money anymore, just the card.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

not allow you to wear ball caps or sunglasses

Or when you enter a mall or business I have to wash my hands but I no longer get patted down for weapons. Guards at parking lots dont look under the vehicle but ask to see your Q pass lolol

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Yeochief said:

It is amazing how things change, before my bank (NFCU) would not allow you to wear ball caps or sunglasses and now you have to have a mask and no contact with the tellers, have to pass a basket back and forth.  What is the life of COVID-19 on money?  Some stores do not use money anymore, just the card.

Yeah... I just read about the new mandatory face shield thing. It will affect L, but not me. I just don't do public transport. She has been doing it and washes her clothes when she gets home.

Hmmm... We have had no problems here - yet! - with anyone taking our payments in cash. But then we don't get out that much, but grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations all are happy to take our cash. When we receive change, we put it in a bin in the car or in a pocket. Then we sanitize our hands right away at the store or in the car. When we get home, the cash change goes into a bin here to rest for a few days and, again, we wash hands or sanitize. Maybe this sounds extreme? Well...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... I just read about the new mandatory face shield thing. It will affect L, but not me. I just don't do public transport. She has been doing it and washes her clothes when she gets home.

Hmmm... We have had no problems here - yet! - with anyone taking our payments in cash. But then we don't get out that much, but grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations all are happy to take our cash. When we receive change, we put it in a bin in the car or in a pocket. Then we sanitize our hands right away at the store or in the car. When we get home, the cash change goes into a bin here to rest for a few days and, again, we wash hands or sanitize. Maybe this sounds extreme? Well...

The wife handle's all the money, when she gets in she washes all the cash then leaves them to dry. I think that's going over the top. :shake_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

We will implement this mandate in all public vehicles including trains, buses, jeepneys, taxis, passenger vessels and even in airplanes.

Taxis?!

Unlike the others being surrounded by many people, you're alone. In the back seat. Separated from the only other person in the car, the driver, by his BODY SHIELD. That's 5 layers of protection, AND you're already maintaining physical distance.

People in charge, you have 9 days to realize how stupid this is and change it.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Next up: Diving masks and scuba tanks required for anyone venturing out in public.

• Haha 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic