Mandatory face shield with mask on public transport soon

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shady said:

Taxis?!

Unlike the others being surrounded by many people, you're alone. In the back seat. Separated from the only other person in the car, the driver, by his BODY SHIELD. That's 5 layers of protection, AND you're already maintaining physical distance.

People in charge, you have 9 days to realize how stupid this is and change it.

As a wearer, I can attest that the face shield keeps you from touching your face as well as providing "splash" protection. I *doinked* my shield three times yesterday, absent mindedly reaching to scratch my face.

Edited by JDDavao

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Off the bus again.  Facemasks are on hold.  It may change by the time you read this though.  https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/331592/mandatory-wearing-of-face-shield-for-public-land-transport-temporarily-suspended-ltfrb

Edited by Snowy79
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Off the bus again.  Facemasks are on hold.  It may change by the time you read this though.  https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/331592/mandatory-wearing-of-face-shield-for-public-land-transport-temporarily-suspended-ltfrb

This is where different goverment agencies override another or make up their own rules to confuse everyone.

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JDDavao said:

As a wearer, I can attest that the face shield keeps you from touching your face as well as providing "splash" protection. I *doinked* my shield three times yesterday, absent mindedly reaching to scratch my face.

In other words what you are saying is that the reason for using face shield is the same as when a pet owner is putting a cone on his dog head, sad reality on how the Filipino people are treated...

download.jpg

Edited by jaybee
  • Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, jaybee said:

In other words what you are saying is that the reason for using face shield is the same as when a pet owner is putting a cone on his dog head, sad reality on how the Filipino people are treated...

download.jpg

I'm sure you won't be going out, if you can reach.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, JDDavao said:

True - but requiring people only to wear them on public transport won't really help as most will remove the shield when they get to where they are going I'd imagine.  Insisting on them being worn in taxis makes no sense given the measures already in place.  

Anyway, it seems common sense has prevailed for at least a short time!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Anyway, it seems common sense has prevailed for at least a short time!

Where might that be?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Where might that be?

I believe the order has been put on hold for public transport at least 

Shady
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Shady said:

People in charge, you have 9 days to realize how stupid this is and change it.

20 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Thank you, anonymous hero. I won't even get into how this whole thing was a money-making operation by the shield-distributors to offload their inventory. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I believe the order has been put on hold for public transport at least 

That PAL announcement was at about 2:30 pm today.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic