Mandatory face shield with mask on public transport soon

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That PAL announcement was at about 2:30 pm today.

I suppose air travel is a grey area in terms of it being public transport but it seems strange that the announcement refers to the D.O.T's announcement which has since been superseded.  

No the 1st example of inconsistency we've seen!  

Jack D
Posted
Posted

What's next?

First came the mandatory masks, then the goggles, and now face shields.

The only next step will be mandatory bio-hazard suits.

bio.JPG

KC813
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack D said:

What's next?

First came the mandatory masks, then the goggles, and now face shields.

The only next step will be mandatory bio-hazard suits.

bio.JPG

That picture is me from this past Easter.  Now that it is summer, I only wear white.

• Haha 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, KC813 said:

That picture is me from this past Easter.  Now that it is summer, I only wear white.

So, I guess that you're wearing this one now. :89: :laugh:

white haznat.JPG

All kidding aside, I really did see some people wearing Hazmat suits as they were boarding flights at NAIA.

Edited by Jack D
added some

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That PAL announcement was at about 2:30 pm today.

Cebu pacific put out the same notice a couple of days ago.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

LTFRB amends memo to prohibit use of eye protectors in lieu of face shields

MANDAUE CITY, Cebu – The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will proceed with the implementation of the mandatory wearing of face shields when taking public transportation starting on August 15.

But it will already prohibit the use of eyeshields or eye protectors based on  Memorandum Circular No. 2020-033 that was issued on Friday, August 7.

“As further clarified by DOTr, the requirement for face shield should cover the whole face,” said the memorandum that was signed by LTRFB Chairman Martin Delgra III.

READ: DOTr requires wearing of face shields in all PUVs starting Aug. 15

On August 1, LTRFB issued Memo Circular No. 2020-031 “setting forth the requirements for drivers, conductors, and passengers of Public Utility Vehicles.”

Two days later, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) issued Memorandum Circular No. 2020-014 “on the mandatory wearing of face shields (aside from face masks) for passengers in areas where public transportation is allowed.”

In consideration of the DOTr memo, the LTFRB board chaired by Delgra amended Memo Circular No. 2020-033 “to delete the portion allowing eye protector as an alternative to face shield.”

The new LTFRB memo will now “strictly require all drivers, conductors, and passengers of PUVs to wear face masks and face shields inside PUVs.”

“Failure to wear face masks and face shields shall be a reasonable ground to refuse/deny boarding in any PUV.”

“All issuances inconsistent herewith are hereby suspended and amended accordingly,” the memo added.

LTFRB said that the new memo will take effect starting on August 15 and after publication in a newspaper of general circulation.

Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/332150/ltfrb-amends-memo-to-prohibit-use-of-eye-protectors-in-lieu-of-face-shields#ixzz6UXoRZwCD

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

So the government has flip-flopped again about this? One day the shields are required... the next day not... and the next day required again? This is like watching a tennis match...

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So the government has flip-flopped again about this? One day the shields are required... the next day not... and the next day required again? This is like watching a tennis match...

I think they said that it was on hold until they sorted out the details which perhaps they have. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic