DEBIT CARDS

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Nationwide in the UK. 

It sounds like what you are referring to is a Token 2FA security system.  I never heard of one that requires a card reader but anything is possible.

Next time I return to the USA I want to try and get tokens for some of my accounts.  Usually they are USB sticks or Bluetooth gadgets.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It sounds like what you are referring to is a Token 2FA security system.  I never heard of one that requires a card reader but anything is possible.

Next time I return to the USA I want to try and get tokens for some of my accounts.  Usually they are USB sticks or Bluetooth gadgets.

No idea what it's called t.b.h.

In Hong Kong HSBC used what they called a dongle - a small electronic device that only required you to enter your PIN and a one-time code was generated and this was used to complete the online banking transaction.  With Nationwide, you need to insert your card into the reader and then your PIN - a one-time code is generated which you need to input to complete the online banking transaction.  Apparently this reader can actually be used to do the whole transaction without using a PC but I've never tried it.

You can avoid using the reader if you have already set up your online profile with a mobile number which is then used to send the code to but you need to have set this up previously and would need to use the card reader to do it so you're kinda back to square one anyway if you don't have the actual card!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Yeochief said:

At NFCU they do the cards at the branch  and you get the new card within a few minutes, modern technology at it best.

They do the same here in some banks in the Philippines now. GF got a new account and card done there and then at PS bank which is part of Metrobank so they should too.

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

I changed my address to the Philippines with NFCU, then I get this message from them that I can't do online banking with foreign address.  I asked what does an address have to do with online banking/bill paying.  The reply was NFCU sends bill paying to a different copy to make the checks out for bill paying.  NFCU will not allow me as a joint owner to change Olivia address, of course her access to her account is boxed away in one of the 16 boxes we have sent, no telling which box it is in.  I sent the CEO mary_mcduffie@navyfederal.org the communication between NFCU and myself.