Sending money from Philippines to Germany

Ioklon
Posted
Posted

Hey there! I have googled the subject of transferring money out of the Philippines to my family in Germany and it seemed to me much of confusion. If anyone has any experience of sending money abroad with minimum fees and delays? Thank you!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Ioklon said:

Hey there! I have googled the subject of transferring money out of the Philippines to my family in Germany and it seemed to me much of confusion. If anyone has any experience of sending money abroad with minimum fees and delays? Thank you!

The only time I tried it was with my bank here, Metrobank, to Hong Kong.  It was not an easy process and required changing PHP to USD in cash and then transferring the USD to Hong Kong.  It seemed impossible to transfer PHP out.  If I had had a USD account it would have been much easier I believe.  It arrived in a day or so - I don't remember the fee so couldn't have been extornionate.

Sorry that doesn't really help!

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted

BDO do international wire transfers for around 500 pesos, but it was stopped in mid march and i am not sure if they have reopened the service. 

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The only time I tried it was with my bank here, Metrobank, to Hong Kong.  It was not an easy process and required changing PHP to USD in cash and then transferring the USD to Hong Kong.  It seemed impossible to transfer PHP out.  If I had had a USD account it would have been much easier I believe.  It arrived in a day or so - I don't remember the fee so couldn't have been extornionate.

Sorry that doesn't really help!

We moved money to Australia in March using Metrobank and as you said it was a right palavar!  

Edited by Gas
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Ioklon said:

Are you talking a small amount or a big transfer? 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Loclon…… Never to be seen again. :wave:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Loclon…… Never to be seen again. :wave:

He joined up under "Futers" username with the same recommendation to the same bank and Futers got booted.  :pufff:

• Thanks 2