no more balikbayan

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Abbreviation for Balikbayan one year visa free balikbayan stay

https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/the-philippines-2/travel-to-the-philippines/

:cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great first post Rich, please do keep us informed how it all plays out for you. Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

Perhaps you could post a bit about yourself at;   https://www.philippines-expats.com/forum/109-members-greetings/

Wishing you a simple quick solution to your visa and return to CDO.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Rich and good luck!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Rich in CDO said:

I am trying to get the Chicago Ph Consulate to answer the phone, I'll let everyone know how my visa process goes.  I'm married to a Filipina, we have two properties in CDO and my wife has a flight on Sept 2nd to CDO.   I can't go till Oct 26th, due to my son getting married. This will be interesting to see if I can get back into the Philippines.  I've filled out the visa papers, got the cashiers check, and made copies of everything on the checklist.  Trying to see if they'll see me in person, or if I have to mail the application and docs in. I know this is not going to be easy, but we'll see.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Theres some discussion which might interest you about similar situations here, https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/31922-latest-on-visas-per-the-san-francisco-consulate/

• Like 2

dwcheeks
Posted
Posted
On 8/10/2020 at 5:56 AM, Mike J said:

Can you even get a visa prior to coming to the Philippines?  Below is a screen shot of from the the Philippine embassy San Francisco.  I took the screen shot this morning.

image.png

Looks that way

Rich in CDO
Posted
Posted

Filipina Wife can't travel with me to Cagayan de Oro.  Update on my Visa for October 26th trip to Cagayan de Oro via Manila.  The consulate called me back.  They confirmed that I need to fill out the Form 2-A visa application, send in my passport, marriage certificate, copy of my passport data page, bank statement, wife's government ID or Dual Citizenship Papers, cashier's check for $40 and not $60 to expedite 3 days, and my wife's 3 papers of Dual Citizenship, send a self addressed USPS envelope to return my passport and documents,  and a notarized letter from my wife that says that she is in the Philippines and that she takes responsibility for my actions while in the Philippines.  LOL, good luck with that last one.  Anyway, it's looks like the Balikbayan status is still good, but it's best if you travel with your wife.  I am not traveling with her because my Son is getting married in October.  This is going to work out just fine.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Rich in CDO said:

notarized letter from my wife that says that she is in the Philippines and that she takes responsibility for my actions while in the Philippines.

Better drink up before you come and get used to staying home. :smile:

softail
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Better drink up before you come and get used to staying home. :smile:

That’s one good thing about me being stuck in Seattle, can pretty much go about my business like normal 

• Like 2

Rich in CDO
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, softail said:

That’s one good thing about me being stuck in Seattle, can pretty much go about my business like normal 

Yea, well she is leaving me alone in Chicago for two months.  I'm planning on trips to Oklahoma City and Dallas to see friends. I'll get all of my mall shopping done before I go back to CDO. They may not let this 60 year old in the PH malls.  I'm with you Softail, it will be business as usual in the U.S.  Looking forward to getting back to CDO

• Like 1