Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't know what the weather's been like recently in your corner of the Philippines, but here in Cebu Province we've had what I call really nice weather for the past 2-3 weeks. This is not the same as "nice weather" in Northern Europe - my ideal weather here is cloudy, dry and a nice wind (about force 5). Well, it hasn't been so windy every day, but just the fact that it's mostly cloudy means you can go for a walk in the countryside at any time of day. Which I miss when it's blazing sunshine and 34 degrees - I'm sure I could go for a long walk at midday without collapsing, after years in Saudi Arabia, but I don't particularly want to!

Life is always good in the Philippines, but especially in weather like this! :biggrin:

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally in my condo in Makati its about 30 or 31. Past few days its been down to 28 and 29... which is excellent.

No fan or air con needed and i even need to wear a tshirt !

 

so funny when reading the likes of Daily Mail and they say UK has a record breaking heatwave and when you convert F to C , you find out its a normal days weather in Philippines

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

No fan or air con needed and i even need to wear a tshirt !

If I lived here by myself, I'd never put on a fan or AC (ground level). But as we all know, Filipinas love fans and AC, so it's fair enough to compromise. The AC is over S's side of the bed, usually at 24 degrees. If she lived here by herself, she'd probably have it at 18 degrees! 

Funny how you get used to higher temperatures. Last year in Lapu-Lapu there were some early mornings when it was about 26 and a bit windy, and I felt "cold" and put on a jacket. Can't imagine needing a jacket if it was 26 in the UK - people would think I was crazy! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, peterfe said:

If I lived here by myself, I'd never put on a fan or AC (ground level). But as we all know, Filipinas love fans and AC, so it's fair enough to compromise. The AC is over S's side of the bed, usually at 24 degrees. If she lived here by herself, she'd probably have it at 18 degrees! 

Funny how you get used to higher temperatures. Last year in Lapu-Lapu there were some early mornings when it was about 26 and a bit windy, and I felt "cold" and put on a jacket. Can't imagine needing a jacket if it was 26 in the UK - people would think I was crazy! 

We only use A/C at night when watching TV or sleeping - we keep it at 27 degrees which is cool enough for us.   My wife, funnily enough, isn't a fan - no pun intended - so it's manageable.  I have to say though, we notice the heat when there is a brownout and the A/C cuts out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Freebie said:

so funny when reading the likes of Daily Mail and they say UK has a record breaking heatwave and when you convert F to C , you find out its a normal days weather in Philippines

Yes and with the weather here in UK these last few days.....virus or no virus, people have been flocking down to the beaches!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53694492

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Yes and with the weather here in UK these last few days.....virus or no virus, people have been flocking down to the beaches!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53694492

 

And in Scotland it was snowing lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...