Bohol

Mangofarmer
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if there is a sea port on Bohol capable of handling a shipping container?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mangofarmer said:

Does anyone know if there is a sea port on Bohol capable of handling a shipping container?

Welcome to the form. :smile:

Google "shipping containers Bohol" and you get at least two companies with web sites.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Mangofarmer said:

Are you asking if a container can be offloaded in Bohol or you are wanting to ship a container somewhere from Bohol? 

Mangofarmer
Posted
Posted

Hi Jollygoodfellow, yes I want to know if a container can  be offloaded in Bohol. I've since seen a youtube video of someone bringing a 40 footer but can't see a container wharf from a Google satellite view so maybe it was trucked in on a ro-ro ferry. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mangofarmer said:

so maybe it was trucked in on a ro-ro ferry. 

That's a good possibility

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mangofarmer said:

Hi Jollygoodfellow, yes I want to know if a container can  be offloaded in Bohol. I've since seen a youtube video of someone bringing a 40 footer but can't see a container wharf from a Google satellite view so maybe it was trucked in on a ro-ro ferry. 

As I remember Tagbilaran Bohol has a landing allowing buses, truck/tractors with containers on the main pier. It's located opposite the fast craft landing terminal.

Edited by Old55

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mangofarmer said:

I have never seen a container dock operation in Bohol.  Fairly certain that a container ship would be offloaded in Cebu, and then loaded on a tractor/trailer for RORO ferry Cebu to Bohol.  I read that the key Bohol cargo port for RORO cargo is Tubigon, up north.  Closer to Cebu City and cheaper.

If the routing is via Manila, there is a good chance they cross dock the container in Manila onto a Cebu bound ship.  They do have ferries from Manila to Tagbilaran,  but I doubt that it would be cost effective to put a tractor/trailer/driver on those, even if it were possible.

A shipping company should be able to tell you all the details.  In any case, getting a container to Bohol should be possible.  The key for residential moves is making sure the truck can make it all the way to the destination offload, if small roads and overhanging wires are involved!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mangofarmer
Posted
Posted

Thanks OnMyWay, the shipper of the 40' has confirmed that it came in through Cebu and Tubigon. Good point about the over hanging wires.

• Like 1