I wonder if this will be announced- SRRV- Added info

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

For immigration supervisors only stamped across the page, so it must not be public knowledge, as of right now no press release.  I think number 2 is pretty clear.  Good luck to all of the SRRV visa holders.  Now to get everyone in the process to accept this letter.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Mike J said:

So they do not agree with the announcement or have yet to see it? 

If you can see in the image posted that across the image it says "For Immigration supervisor only" so its not an official public notice. Maybe it got rectified and changed. I have no link other than that image. That's why I said in the title, I wonder if this will be made public.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

For immigration supervisors only stamped across the page, so it must not be public knowledge, as of right now no press release.  I think number 2 is pretty clear.  Good luck to all of the SRRV visa holders.  Now to get everyone in the process to accept this letter.

Posted at the same time :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you can see in the image posted that across the image it says "For Immigration supervisor only" so its not an official public notice. Maybe it got rectified and changed. I have no link other than that image. That's why I said in the title, I wonder if this will be made public.

Thanks for the info. 

So if I understand the letter correctly they are now allowing holders of SRRV visas and holders of pre-issued extended tourists visas entry? Even those without spouses? If that’s the case, then it’s certainly good news for me and possibly a few others here on the board as well. I’ll certainly try to obtain a 1 year tourist visa.  

I just hope it is made public and not changed. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gator said:

Thanks for the info. 

So if I understand the letter correctly they are now allowing holders of SRRV visas and holders of pre-issued extended tourists visas entry? Even those without spouses? If that’s the case, then it’s certainly good news for me and possibly a few others here on the board as well. I’ll certainly try to obtain a 1 year tourist visa.  

I just hope it is made public and not changed. 

We can not assume it became a new rule or anything as there is no public announcement. More so since it is not a public notice and may never be so for now and until any new public notice come out its best to treat it as just something that might happen. 

And continue with the advice from public notices that have been put up recently until we are advised officially. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

So they do not agree with the announcement or have yet to see it? 

I don't know the answer to that... but great question!

Freebie
Posted
Posted

One agency of the government says one thing, another agency  of government

a) pretends not to know what was proclaimed

b) never reardit and rather than embarrass themselves, they  make up their own rule which contradicts what the other government officially  agency  stated or

c) cant really be bothered keeping up , so stick with their default position guaranteeing they will embarrass themselves.

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

And here is is for SRRV etc

PRESS RELEASE
14 August 2020
Alien spouses of Pinoys with existing
visas can enter PH, BI clarifies
   MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said foreign spouses of Filipinos can enter the country if they already have existing visas previously issued to them by the Bureau.
    Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente clarified that the said aliens can enter the Philippines as long as the visas that were issued to them by the Bureau are still valid.
    "If you are married to a Philippine citizen and a holder of a valid visa that you obtained from the Bureau, you may enter the country without the need to secure an entry visa from your port of origin," Morente explained.  "The visa that you hold will suffice as basis for our immigration officers to admit you upon your arrival in our ports of entry."
     Morente said he issued the clarification to address reports of alleged confusion over the BI's earlier pronouncement that all foreign spouses, dependents and parents of Filipinos must have the appropriate visas to enter the country.
      The BI Chief stressed that it would be impractical to require these alien spouses, dependents and parents of Filipinos to secure new visas if they already have visas that are still valid in their possession.  "Only foreigners married to Filipinos who do not possess any visa at all are required to secure entry visas to be able to enter our country," he said.
          Morente, however, warned that aliens with existing visa but possess expired Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Cards (ACR I-Cards) will be denied entry, thus they have to renew the same before traveling to the Philippines.
        A memorandum issued last Wednesday, 12 August 2020, by BI Port Operations Division Acting Chief Grifton Medina further clairified that alien spouses, minor dependents and parents of Filipino minors are no longer required to secure visas if they already possessed valid visas issued by the BI.
        Medina said these visas need not only be those that were issued to aliens by reason of their marriage to Filipinos.
         "For example, a holder of a valid 9(g) working visa or a Special
Retiree's Resident Visa (SRRV) can enter the country if he or she is married to a Filipino. They need not apply for a new entry visa from our Philippine Consulates abroad," Medina said.
          Medina also said that foreign spouses of Filipinos exempted from the travel ban also cover former Filipinos who have been naturalized as citizens of other countries.  "They may join their spouses or children so long as they secure or possess the appropriate visas," he said.
          The BI official explained that "the bottomline is that no foreigner can enter the country without a visa even if he is
married to a Filipino.  All of them
must have a valid visa or they will be turned back upon arriving in our ports of entry."

anew rules.PNG

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

"For example, a holder of a valid 9(g) working visa or a Special
Retiree's Resident Visa (SRRV) can enter the country if he or she is married to a Filipino. They need not apply for a new entry visa from our Philippine Consulates abroad," Medina said.

I guess this explains the SRRV.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

I guess this explains the SRRV.

No idea why BI has to link SRRV to marriage to a filipina.

Many folks happily married to Filpinas get a 13A. A married guy getting a SRRV might do it for safety from her, and negating her ability to have him deported which she certainly can do with a 13A.

The SRRV is also for those of us who enjoy living here, without the encumbrance ( apologies to the happily married 'shere ) of a wife. No idea why in the minds of Immigration,  single guys holding an SRRV are any less worthy of entry to this country than those who arent single.  Oh well, yeah now I remember where Im living..the Land That Logic Forgot.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic