I wonder if this will be announced- SRRV- Added info

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

No idea why BI has to link SRRV to marriage to a filipina.

Many folks happily married to Filpinas get a 13A. A married guy getting a SRRV might do it for safety from her, and negating her ability to have him deported which she certainly can do with a 13A.

The SRRV is also for those of us who enjoy living here, without the encumbrance ( apologies to the happily married 'shere ) of a wife. No idea why in the minds of Immigration,  single guys holding an SRRV are any less worthy of entry to this country than those who arent single.  Oh well, yeah now I remember where Im living..the Land That Logic Forgot.

I suppose they aren't particularly keen on any foreigners being here at the moment but recognise they cannot reasonable keep husbands and wives apart.

• Like 5

Viking
Posted
Posted

Anyone who knows if it is possible to apply and get a SRRV during these corona times? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Freebie said:

No idea why in the minds of Immigration,  single guys holding an SRRV are any less worthy of entry to this country than those who aren't single.  Oh well, yeah now I remember where Im living..the Land That Logic Forgot.

Sometimes I think it's because no one works together to work things out. That is why every 3 or 4 days a new press release to clarify something. To me if you are SRRV you should be allowed whether married or not as you have paid or invested into the country for the privilege of the SRRV. The second R in SRRV stands for resident so if you are a resident then normally you are allowed into a country you normally reside.

Wait for next clarification press release. :89:

• Like 4

carbpow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

Anyone who knows if it is possible to apply and get a SRRV during these corona times? 

I'm in the process. I'll let you know the progress but thus far it seems to be progressing.

• Thanks 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

I suppose they aren't particularly keen on any foreigners being here at the moment but recognise they cannot reasonable keep husbands and wives apart.

I think you are right with that. Plus in the past few years a large number of Chinese have been buying the retirement visa and perhaps the govt in its infinite wisdom doesnt see any advantages in letting in many chinese , including those who have put down US$20K for the abiliyt to have the visa.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Freebie said:

I think you are right with that. Plus in the past few years a large number of Chinese have been buying the retirement visa and perhaps the govt in its infinite wisdom doesnt see any advantages in letting in many chinese , including those who have put down US$20K for the abiliyt to have the visa.

Given the numbers of infections outside of China, I'm not sure the Chinese will be top of the list of persona non grata at the moment.

I really think it's simply a case of not wanting to allow foreigners entry at all but an acceptance that keeping husbands and wives apart would be a step too far.

I'm absolutely not suggesting being married makes a relationship better/stronger than not, but i guess they had to draw a line somewhere.

I think that SRRV holders who are married can enter under the blanket provision.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I really think it's simply a case of not wanting to allow foreigners entry at all but an acceptance that keeping husbands and wives apart would be a step too far.

I suspect you're correct but it will I believe leave a lot of prospective SRRV applicants wondering about the value of the SRRV in the future.

I guess it depends upon how many 'full fee' SRRV applicants BI actually get and how much losing a chunk of that money will matter.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, hk blues said:

I think that SRRV holders who are married can enter under the blanket provision.

According to PRA, that is, indeed, the case. At least as of yesterday when I swapped messages with the local PRA director. However, he also said that it would be best to check with the "Head Office," since even he only receives - in his words - "echoes" of policy at times...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes I posted that in the last BI press release.

Retiree's Resident Visa (SRRV) can enter the country if he or she is married to a Filipino. They need not apply for a new entry visa from our Philippine Consulates abroad," 

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I suspect you're correct but it will I believe leave a lot of prospective SRRV applicants wondering about the value of the SRRV in the future.

I guess it depends upon how many 'full fee' SRRV applicants BI actually get and how much losing a chunk of that money will matter.

I suppose most will recognise this as being a once-in-a-lifetime event and not think too deeply. What would the alternative be for them - marriage and a 13A for example or a tourist visa? And, there may not be all that many SRRV holders actually out of the country at this time so the majority are probably not affected.

For what it's worth, I think all SRRV holders should be allowed to enter regardless of being married or not at this moment. 

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic