MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION ON UPDATING AND EXTENSION OF AUTHORIZED STAY

sawasdeecolin
Posted
Posted

Has anyone dealt with this advice please, also can it be used more then once ? Ive applied on the grounds impossible to travel anywhere. also I was due to gwt married when the covid restrictions hit Cebu Thanks

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd be wary of throwing money at anything these days as many Government officies are running on skeleton staff.  I only know of foreigners flying out of Manila at the moment and there are still flights to most destinations although few and far between.  Best to message immigration direct to see what their take on it is.  I'm sure there are many at their 3yr point by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sawasdeecolin said:

Has anyone dealt with this advice please,

Member Eddie brought this up the other day in this topic below. My post here is not really the answer you are looking for but someone might use the info.

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/32043-no-more-balikbayan/?do=findComment&comment=288176

The BI informed me to do this.

Good day.

Please be informed that the Bureau of Immigration (BI) may take into consideration the information you provided, in order for us to act appropriately and route the information to the proper division concerned, we suggest you file a formal letter request for the motion for reconsideration containing the details of your concern addressed to the Commissioner of the Bureau of Immigration. 
You may deliver the formal letter request personally and have it received at the Bureau’s Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or send the same via registered mail to the following address: 

HON. JAIME H. MORENTE
Commissioner
2nd Floor Bureau of immigration Bldg. 
Magallanes Drive,Intramuros
Manila City 1002

Kindly send it through: 
immigPH@gmail.com

• Like 1

sawasdeecolin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes I went to IB Cebu Last week, was asked for 1100 Plus 2 copies of the receipt and the application has to be notarized. Yes easy to leave but at the moment not easy to return to your partner ,. I'm was due a visa run on 17th august  ,and to add a little more misery despite all the statements i was fined 2000 peso for late application ( getting visas to bring up to date)

Note from admin. I fixed your post to add the extra text to your original text.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Added from next post because of misquote or issue
  • Sad 1

sawasdeecolin
Posted
Posted
On 8/13/2020 at 5:46 PM, sawasdeecolin said:

Has anyone dealt with this advice please, also can it be used more then once ? Ive applied on the grounds impossible to travel anywhere. also I was due to gwt married when the covid restrictions hit Cebu Thanks

Update  went to Cebu IB to apply the person who dealt with the application was very helpful I now have application in it been referred to Manila cast so far for application 1010, was informed to check in via e mail at the end of September.  It was was a relative stress  free experience . :)

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted

If you have all your papers approved to get married, then why not proceed with the wedding? At least the legal aspect of the marriage and then apply for a 13A visa. You can always celebrate with friends and family at a later date. 

• Like 2

sawasdeecolin
Posted
Posted

I  am over  65 so was unable either to leave home plus the mayors office to get married (im Atheist)was closed to deal with the Covid Virus, plus you cannot apply for a 13a when your current visa is invalid.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, sawasdeecolin said:

I  am over  65 so was unable either to leave home

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2020/08/19/2036451/local-governments-reminded-let-seniors-leave-home-essential-trips-allowed-activities

in the paper today

Local governments reminded to let seniors leave home for essential trips, allowed activities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2020 at 5:50 AM, sawasdeecolin said:

I'm was due a visa run on 17th august

Hi Colin, So i am assuming that as you couldn't do the Visa run by the above date that you are now an 'overstayer' of your 3 year tourist visa allowance. 

What was the attitude of the BI Office that you would not be out of the country by your expiry date?    Helpful? Supportive? Hostile? Uninterested?  

sawasdeecolin
Posted
Posted

OK, I was not an over stayer 1 attended on the 11 and my Visa lasted till 16 August, I was 4 months behind with the lock down, So on arrival  was told by the  reception guy as you go in to report to someone outside different entrance,  she came out presented with the motion for reconsideration form and visa application for the missing visa 4 months which had to be completed first, ( paying a late fee 4000 peso , i then returned to the officer who told me what i needed to do  photo copying and the like and filling in for the application , which has to be noterised, small office behind Ib in J mall 500 peso , returned to the officer, who was kind and considerate as to my predicament I had the receipt for my failed marriage which the officer indicated would go in my Favor, I have to say the officer could not have been more helpful really pleasant and kind. 

I would summarise  My indication behave polite courteous manner they  respond in kind ( got a feeling sex tourist  might be weeded out just a feeling ) so dress it up as a legit normal stay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic