Looking for long term beachfront rental apartment in Olongapo

Jenningsjs
Posted
Posted

Hello. I am considering moving to Olongapo from the US but have not had any luck finding info on long term beachfront apartment rentals. Do they exist? If so, could someone please give me apartment complex names, web sites, realtor web sites that might help me find useful info? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont think they have condos there in Olongapo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Three things come to mind when I read your post; the first is that apartments advertised on the internet in the Philippines are a small part of the total availabe, the second is that apartments (condos in the Philippines) that are advertised on the internet will probably be more expensive than you'd pay if you book it there, the third is that often the internet advertisments are out of date.

I would suggest booking some short term accomodation through the internet (Air B&B or a Hotel) for maybe a week or two and look for a long term place when you're actually there.

When I was there for a few days, I found some hotels/resorts that were reasonably priced. That might be a good first start to have a base to research from?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jenningsjs said:

Hello. I am considering moving to Olongapo from the US but have not had any luck finding info on long term beachfront apartment rentals. Do they exist? If so, could someone please give me apartment complex names, web sites, realtor web sites that might help me find useful info? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  

Apartments do exist in the Baloy Beach area of Barrio Baretto, but not right on the beachfront.  Most of the beachfront has small resorts, so the closest apartments are probably across the road and/or down the side streets.  I know someone who owns an apartment building in that area, a block or two from the beach.

Some of the beach resorts in Barrio Baretto probably have long term rentals, but I don't know the sizes.  Probably mostly studio types, but some might have larger. 

Of course, boots on the ground is your best bet, looking for signs in the area that interests you.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

iCove is a nice place to start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jenningsjs
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for the excellent answers and assistance. Looks like I’m going to have to get there as soon as it opens up. 

• Like 1