FACE SHIELDS

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Back to the topic at hand I wonder if my wife and I should pack a face shield when we move there in October.  

You will need it on all public transport and more so I doubt many taxi will risk losing their franchise to allow passengers to travel without it.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, peterfe said:

But there's one group of people who are very happy to have all this stuff on their faces - Filipinas with ugly faces! Now they can walk around town without anyone seeing the difference between them and the beautiful majority! 

Thats abit rough. Beauty is in the eye of, well you know but what's ugly to you may not be to someone else besides Filipinos and us think differently as some I have talked to seem to think westerners choice is not really the ones they would choose if deciding on looks.

• Like 4

peterfe
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thats abit rough. Beauty is in the eye of, well you know but what's ugly to you may not be to someone else besides Filipinos and us think differently as some I have talked to seem to think westerners choice is not really the ones they would choose if deciding on looks.

I'm a bit surprised at the negative reactions to my post. Well, yes, 'ugly' is a nasty word, but I hear people here using the expression 'ugly face'. Let's say 'not so beautiful' (NSB). People who are NSB, especially girls, are one of the most discriminated groups in society, but this is rarely talked about. There isn't even a politically correct word for it, like 'behaviourally challenged' or 'mentally challenged' - 'appearance-ly challenged'?? This is something men don't think about a lot, but NSB girls certainly do. Of course beauty isn't everything (S is overweight, but I still love her), but let's face it, it's far more difficult for an NSB girl to get a job where she meets the public and find a boyfriend. Hats off to Susan Boyle - we need more like you!  

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The authorities appear to be trying to slow the spread of the disease without further shutting down the economy via widespread quarantines.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, peterfe said:

I'm a bit surprised at the negative reactions to my post. Well, yes, 'ugly' is a nasty word, but I hear people here using the expression 'ugly face'. Let's say 'not so beautiful' (NSB). People who are NSB, especially girls, are one of the most discriminated groups in society, but this is rarely talked about. There isn't even a politically correct word for it, like 'behaviourally challenged' or 'mentally challenged' - 'appearance-ly challenged'?? This is something men don't think about a lot, but NSB girls certainly do. Of course beauty isn't everything (S is overweight, but I still love her), but let's face it, it's far more difficult for an NSB girl to get a job where she meets the public and find a boyfriend. Hats off to Susan Boyle - we need more like you!  

Quit while you're losing I'd say. 

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Quit while you're losing I'd say. 

I agree.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted

First it was masks, and then various shops starting putting up signs No Mask No Entry.. and then for fear of missing out, every shop, every mall and every mall started the No Mask No Entry.

The same thing is happening with face shield. BPI and Mercury Drugs ( at least where I am ) have No Face Shield no entry signs. For sure this will spread to everywhere. Not sure whats next after shield and mask.

No need to pack them @Balisidar.. they are cheap as chips here..... US$1 per shield.....

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Freebie said:

and then for fear of missing out, every shop, every mall and every mall started the No Mask No Entry.

That's because it became law that everyone who is outside must wear a mask so malls and shops have to comply otherwise they will be in trouble for not following the current orders.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That's because it became law that everyone who is outside must wear a mask so malls and shops have to comply otherwise they will be in trouble for not following the current orders.

Real time Report. 9am Manila time.

I read Jollys post and said F it, and took a 200 meter walk up our main street and over one street back through our pelenke. Bottom line up front. I saw more pedestrians wearing face shields than employees.

Butcher shop, rice dealer, key maker, Andoks chicken, face masks only. Super 8 dry goods store and Mercury Drugs had face shields but visors pushed back so mouth and nose exposed. Went through the Pelenke, none of the fish, vegetable or meat stalls were searing shields. Since it is drizzling right now, the Barangay Tanods who usually walk around with a bull horn each morning telling people to social distance were nowhere to be seen. 

This is the Main pelenke and Market for this part of the city, no police, no tanods, no soldiers, and technically we are still un mecq. Oh and one of the barbershops was open, no shield and mask down to his chin.

15 hours ago, Freebie said:

No Face Shield no entry signs.

Mask was only required to entry Mercury here

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, scott h said:

Real time Report. 9am Manila time.

I read Jollys post and said F it, and took a 200 meter walk up our main street and over one street back through our pelenke. Bottom line up front. I saw more pedestrians wearing face shields than employees.

Butcher shop, rice dealer, key maker, Andoks chicken, face masks only. Super 8 dry goods store and Mercury Drugs had face shields but visors pushed back so mouth and nose exposed. Went through the Pelenke, none of the fish, vegetable or meat stalls were searing shields. Since it is drizzling right now, the Barangay Tanods who usually walk around with a bull horn each morning telling people to social distance were nowhere to be seen. 

This is the Main pelenke and Market for this part of the city, no police, no tanods, no soldiers, and technically we are still un mecq. Oh and one of the barbershops was open, no shield and mask down to his chin.

Mask was only required to entry Mercury here

Might be why no one can get past these Quarantine restrictions because if no one follows the so called rules then may as well give up and make 2 lines at the hospital, left line living, right line dead :hungover_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic