Doesn’t ring a bell sorry.

Actually from Campbells creek

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, canadamale said:

can you purchase them at the airport?

Id love to be able to give you a reply, but havent been near the airport in 6 months.. i can see it from my apartment but thats as close as Im getting to the airport at the moment. Knowing how enterprising some filipinos are, im sure they might be for sale in those small sarisari stores that are just outside the airport......or maybe even inside the airport........It may depend which terminal you arrive at.....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, canadamale said:

can you purchase them at the airport?

The ones we have come in small box and you put it together so probably easy to bring one with you but then again now you must wear while flying so you will have one unless something changes.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The ones we have come in small box and you put it together so probably easy to bring one with you but then again now you must wear while flying so you will have one unless something changes.

Same here - easy to assemble/disassemble as needed. I wonder if the airline should supply them as they are required?

I read that in Manilla they were stopping jeepneys and giving shields to anyone not wearing. Good idea.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I wonder if the airline should supply them as they are required?

I doubt it since it is not their requirement rather a requirement from another authority. I notice you can take them off when the airline says so such as to eat. Seems an overkill to me. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Seems an overkill to me. 

Agreed. I think it's no more than a case of the authorities being seen to be doing something more than something which has proven effectiveness.

Haz Mat suits next?

canadamale
Posted
Posted
On 8/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Maybe not a good excuse but when you organise a big event at least somewhere to put trash would help but look at any event anywhere, new years eve celebrations and the clean up after is the same.

Just to add for example here in the IT park garden bloc area there are trash bins and recycle bins around the park. Back in the days when there were people and more so on Friday nights and weekends the bins would always be overflowing so the point is if they are there they most likely will be used. 

I one hundred percent agree with you. The organizers should be responsible for providing facilities garbage/toilet for there event. If they are not there or are not usable it does not give the right to just ignore common sence to pack out your own crap and leave the place in the same way you found it.   

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, canadamale said:

I one hundred percent agree with you. The organizers should be responsible for providing facilities garbage/toilet for there event. If they are not there or are not usable it does not give the right to just ignore common sence to pack out your own crap and leave the place in the same way you found it.   

Common sense? I don't observe much of that recently...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yesterday we ventured out to shop for some items for the home...

One SM mall (Lanang) required masks and face shields. They also wanted to look in the back of the car - that has never happened before as long as I've had the car, at military checkpoints, malls, etc... We were both puzzled - were they looking for the virus back there?

Several stores later and no more shields required. Then, the other SM (Ecoland) did not seem to require shields - maybe only 25% of customers wearing them but virtually all employees.

I hated wearing one and felt hot and claustrophobic. I could hardly wait to get outside. I understand the logic, but think it is not a good idea generally...at least for customers...just my opinion. Many people wearing them in the required mall just had them perched on top of their heads...and most of the same also didn't have their noses covered with their masks.

Please refer back to my previous post re common sense...

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

They also wanted to look in the back of the car

Been doing that for years here in Manila, looking in the trunk and a mirror under the car for bombs i suppose.

We usually carry a large ice chest in the back, while they look in the back and trunk they have never looked in the ice chest,,,,now i know where to hide the bomb :hystery:

• Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic