Where to land

Blueboy
Posted
Posted

I have been there twice both times I flew into Cebu, however this time I am going to Palayan City in Luzon,and was wondering if Clarke was a good landing spot or should I land in Cebu and take flight to Clarke after cleaning customs in Cebu?

Blueboy
Posted
Posted

Sorry coming in February

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Not sure how many international flights go directly to Clark from the States. Flying from Atlanta?

The ccp virus situation in Philippines is not good at this time perhaps wait until later this year to make plans? 

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Flying into Clark is nice. It's a small airport and no traffic in comparison to leaving (MIA) Manila. With that said, Corona virus and lock down could create some issues for you. Seeing you are from NC I guess you are planning to fly from Atlanta. I made that trip once and I believe one leg was the longest continuous flight in the world of 18.5 hours in the air. I can't remember what airline but I will never fly that many continuous hours again. 

• Like 4

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Are you married to a Filipino?  If not, you might not be allowed in.  You will need to keep up with the daily changes to the visa situation here in the Philippines.

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Things might be different in February but I followed several sites like this one for several months prior to our trip at the beginning of August 2020.  I found out that a direct flight from LA or SF were less likely to be cancelled.  So we flew into SF and stayed a few days prior to direct flight to Manila.  I got an email from Philippines Airlines saying I could start checking at 1800 (6 pm).  We got there at around 1730 (5:30 pm) and the lines were already long.  We stood in the line to get our temperature over 30 minutes or so.  The business class line was at least 30 minute plus.  Plan accordingly before you buy tickets.   Refunds from airlines could take awhile.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Flying from the east coast... don't rule out Qatar Airways... for fun I just checked... Business Class R/T from Dulles Washington DC to Clark PI... only $2178.  I've done it before... Qatar Business Class is top notch... worth every penny. The layover in Doha is as much fun as the flight itself. You land refreshed. 

Now... IF only everything is cleared up by then... who knows?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Joey G said:

Now... IF only everything is cleared up by then... who knows?

Somehow I doubt it. Cebu city extends GCQ for another 2 weeks and then another review. This will go on until 2050 at this rate. :unsure:

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Somehow I doubt it. Cebu city extends GCQ for another 2 weeks and then another review.

Soon be Xmas :santa_trumpet: 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Soon be Xmas :santa_trumpet: 

Of what year :tiphat: