Stressful day

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Get woken up at 7:30 by the wife saying that someone posted in the 'villages' fb chat that some Chinese man had just attacked his dog just near our house, go downstairs and we check the CCTV and you can see him full on swinging this small dog by his leash against the wall then dragging it across the road and smashing it against the wall again, all whilst a woman and her 2 kids were watching. Can't believe the dog is still alive.

My wife posts the video in a facebook group for the larger subdivision and most people were outraged. Then around lunch time the Chinese guys wife posts in the group chat 'blah blah sorry we've been through a tough time but he's a nice guy really', now there's 3-4 people in the group chat for the 'posher' village area saying my Wife is out of order for trying to publicly shame the man/family. Got my wife to remove the video now but still filing a case at the barangay/police tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think I'd be tempted to give him a touch of his own medicine.  A more legal but not as satisfying route is as per the link. http://pawsphilippines.weebly.com/cruelty-how-to-report-animal-cruelty--calling-117.html

• Like 4

carbpow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Got my wife to remove the video now but still filing a case at the barangay/police tomorrow.

R.A. 10631 covers what happened BUT is rarely if ever enforced. Lots of good laws in the Philippines but most are not enforced or enforced selectively therefore most people are not even aware many laws exist.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, carbpow said:

R.A. 10631 covers what happened BUT is rarely if ever enforced. Lots of good laws in the Philippines but most are not enforced or enforced selectively therefore most people are not even aware many laws exist.

As someone here pointed out a while ago, nothing in Philippines is illegal unless you are caught?

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

As someone here pointed out a while ago, nothing in Philippines is illegal unless you are caught?

I think that is the case anywhere in the world?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

The HOA went round there and posted a video of the dog perfectly fine the next day but then the guard and neighbors told the HOA that they used to have 2 dogs. The wife says one was given away months ago:89:. One of the neighbors told us that they used to have a big dog aswell and they saw the guy punching it one night and that dog was never seen again either.
Went to the police station & barangay and they were disgusted by it but seems you have to sort out the case filing yourself here. My wife has an animal welfare group who have a lawyer to help her and I told her to just hire her own lawyer aswell. There's the CCTV & 2 other witnesses aswell so hopefully he gets fcked for it.

Fair play to you guys for not letting it drop.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Went to the police station & barangay and they were disgusted by it but seems you have to sort out the case filing yourself here. My wife has an animal welfare group who have a lawyer to help her and I told her to just hire her own lawyer as well. There's the CCTV & 2 other witnesses as well so hopefully he gets fcked for it.

But be careful of how you get involved.

• Like 5

carbpow
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

Fair play to you guys for not letting it drop.  

Good. As my wife says, Bad people in the Philippines do bad things because good people don't stop them.. We wish you luck.

However, in my experience I understand why, to an extent. Someone stole things from us during house construction. By the time police came to scene the thieves were gone and since the police didn't see them stealing they wouldn't do anything. So, had to go to barangay which required 3 "mediation" meetings. Barangay ruled we could file charges. Two months to get that far. Next you have to hire a  lawyer to present your case to the prosecutor, the prosecutors or police do not investigate. Both parties go to the prosecutors office to state their case. Then the prosecutor has 30-45 days to make his decision. The prosecutor heard our case in December 19. Hasn't made a decision yet. We've called 8888 and they are finally moving a little. If the prosecutor decides the case can go before a judge for trial you are advised to hire your own prosecutor.

So, yeah I understand why the average Filipino doesn't get involved it is expensive , time consuming , many stops along the way subject to corruption and very frustrating. So, if it's really serious they just hire a guy on a motorcycle with no tag to seek justice. It is MUCH less expensive than doing things legally

Edited by carbpow
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3