Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OnMyWay

Subic Bay Freeport Camayan Resort

Recommended Posts

I have probably posted about Camayan Resort before and I think many members have been there too.  It is the hotel and beach right next to Ocean Adventure. They were shutdown for a few months and reopened about a month ago.  Today we made our first visit since Covid started

Here in Subic Bay Freeport, kids are not allowed out of the house except for exercise, medical, etc.  Going to the beach is allowed and this was the best exercise they have had in months!  Another family met us there so the kids had a great time with re-bonding with some of their BFFs from school.

We wore masks coming in and the staff wears masks full-time, but once we were on the beach, no masks.  It is actually a great time to go because there is almost nobody there.  Before Covid, even in the rainy season, it would be crowded.  Now, when we arrived about 9:30 am, there were 2 other families on the beach.  We left at about 3 pm, and I think there were maybe 6 groups of day trip beach goers, and a few hotel guests, on the beach.  We had the place to ourselves.  Only one cabana seemed to be rented.  Our friends rented a small table and chairs that we just put in the shade right on the beach.  The water was perfect and clear.  Usually the crowds will churn up the shallow water, but with so few people and mild breezes, the water stayed very clear and the kids could see the fish much better than before.

You could tell they are on a skeleton staff.  With very little revenue coming in, the usual large staff has been trimmed way down.  My wife said the main CR seemed a bit dirty, but otherwise everything was fine.  We ordered lunch from The Reef restaurant and everything was fine.  The normal beach entrance is closed and now you enter through the main hotel gate and pay at the front desk.

One reason we had not been going to Camayan much the last few years is because it was crowded and getting expensive.  The adult day price was up to p600 pre-Covid, but now they dropped it to p500, p420 for kids.  However, we did not pay that.  They brought back annual memberships for day use.  We had one 5 years ago and it was a super deal.  Now they are not as good a deal and with less perks, but still very cost effective if you use them.  The cost is p15,000 for 1 year, for 4 people.  Extra person is 50% off the adult rate, p250.  So our family of 5 has to pay p250 per visit.  Break-even for us is 7 visits, and we will do that easily.  It also includes 25% on any rentals and 25% off on Ocean Adventure.

Here are some pics of my girls enjoying.  They were exhausted after the far overdue exercise!

20200816_114110 (4).jpg  20200816_120745 (3).jpg

 

20200816_132511 (2).jpg  20200816_131254 (2).jpg

 

20200816_121326 (2).jpg  20200816_133400 (2).jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love it 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That’s a steal, I must avail of that as soon as I return, I made a trip out there on my bike shortly after it reopened and they weren’t charging yet but it was empty. 

Edited by Heeb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

and a few hotel guests,

Since we live so far away, we would probably want to stay at the hotel. Have you stayed overnight there, or general impressions of the hotel?. We normally go south (so we dont have to go through Manila) and our fav resort is not open yet. cabin fever is rearing its ugly hear :hystery:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Since we live so far away, we would probably want to stay at the hotel. Have you stayed overnight there, or general impressions of the hotel?. We normally go south (so we dont have to go through Manila) and our fav resort is not open yet. cabin fever is rearing its ugly hear :hystery:

The hotel is nice enough.  We have stayed twice.  The first time we got the annual pass it included one room night.  Most rooms have two doubles / queens.  I think they have 40% off til the end off the month.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I think they have 40% off til the end off the month.

Thanks, but not for us i am afraid. Did some face book and internet researh and got this in reply when i said we were from Manila. 

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC Subic Bay Freeport Zone (SBFZ) Border Regulations Effective July 30, 2020, the following regulations shall be imposed / shall continue to be imposed in all SBFZ Gates: Sec 1. Persons or vehicles from areas under ECQ or MECQ are prohibited to enter. Sec. 2 Persons or vehicles from areas under GCQ or MGCQ shall be required to present a Health Certificate from their Baranggay, Municipality or City that they are COVID-19 free as a condition to enter the SBFZ. This requirement applies to all passengers in a vehicle. Sec 3. Persons below 21 years old and those 60 years old and above from areas under GCQ and MGCQ are allowed to enter the SBFZ only for the purpose of: a. accessing essential goods or services; b. going to work in industries or offices permitted to operate; or c. for indoor or outdoor non-contact sports and other forms of exercise. Other than the three purposes aforementioned, persons below 21 years old or those 60 years old and above from GCQ or MGCQ areas are not allowed to enter the SBFZ even if they are in the company of other adults or family members. Sec. 4 In addition to a Health Certificate, persons from GCQ or MGCQ areas who will stay within the SBFZ for more than 2 days are required to undergo PCR testing on the day of their arrival. If found positive for COVID-19, SBMA’s Health Protocols for COVID-19 individuals shall automatically apply. Sec. 5 Exemptions A. The following are exempted from Secs. 1, 2 and 3 above: a. Health and Emergency Frontline Services Personnel; b. Government Officials and Government Frontline Personnel; c. Duly Authorized Humanitarian Assistance Actors (HAA’s); d. Persons travelling for medical or humanitarian reasons; e. Persons going to the airport for travel abroad; f. Persons transported through the efforts of the National Government upon the conduct of the necessary quarantine protocols and upon coordination with SBMA; g. Persons involved in the provision of essential goods and services, and public utilities; h. Personnel and delivery vehicles delivering goods to persons or entities located inside the Freeport, or goods for export / import through the Port of Subic; B. The following are exempted only from Sec. 2 above: i. Clients, customers, suppliers, subcontractors or service providers of SBF establishments and enterprises; ii. Visitors, suppliers, subcontractors or service providers of SBF residents, provided that the concerned SBF resident duly notifies the SBMA Land and Asset Development Department (LADD) prior to the entry of their visitor, supplier, subcontractor or service provider. All persons and vehicles entering the SBFZ shall be subjected to strict inspection in implementation of these border regulations. Vehicles with person/s disqualified to enter the SBFZ shall be asked either to turn around OR disembark the disqualified person/s before being allowed entry. Thank you for your cooperation.

Guess we will be taking our tourist dollars elsewhere :hystery:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scott h said:

Thanks, but not for us i am afraid. Did some face book and internet researh and got this in reply when i said we were from Manila. 

NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC Subic Bay Freeport Zone (SBFZ) Border Regulations Effective July 30, 2020, the following regulations shall be imposed / shall continue to be imposed in all SBFZ Gates: Sec 1. Persons or vehicles from areas under ECQ or MECQ are prohibited to enter. Sec. 2 Persons or vehicles from areas under GCQ or MGCQ shall be required to present a Health Certificate from their Baranggay, Municipality or City that they are COVID-19 free as a condition to enter the SBFZ. This requirement applies to all passengers in a vehicle. Sec 3. Persons below 21 years old and those 60 years old and above from areas under GCQ and MGCQ are allowed to enter the SBFZ only for the purpose of: a. accessing essential goods or services; b. going to work in industries or offices permitted to operate; or c. for indoor or outdoor non-contact sports and other forms of exercise. Other than the three purposes aforementioned, persons below 21 years old or those 60 years old and above from GCQ or MGCQ areas are not allowed to enter the SBFZ even if they are in the company of other adults or family members. Sec. 4 In addition to a Health Certificate, persons from GCQ or MGCQ areas who will stay within the SBFZ for more than 2 days are required to undergo PCR testing on the day of their arrival. If found positive for COVID-19, SBMA’s Health Protocols for COVID-19 individuals shall automatically apply. Sec. 5 Exemptions A. The following are exempted from Secs. 1, 2 and 3 above: a. Health and Emergency Frontline Services Personnel; b. Government Officials and Government Frontline Personnel; c. Duly Authorized Humanitarian Assistance Actors (HAA’s); d. Persons travelling for medical or humanitarian reasons; e. Persons going to the airport for travel abroad; f. Persons transported through the efforts of the National Government upon the conduct of the necessary quarantine protocols and upon coordination with SBMA; g. Persons involved in the provision of essential goods and services, and public utilities; h. Personnel and delivery vehicles delivering goods to persons or entities located inside the Freeport, or goods for export / import through the Port of Subic; B. The following are exempted only from Sec. 2 above: i. Clients, customers, suppliers, subcontractors or service providers of SBF establishments and enterprises; ii. Visitors, suppliers, subcontractors or service providers of SBF residents, provided that the concerned SBF resident duly notifies the SBMA Land and Asset Development Department (LADD) prior to the entry of their visitor, supplier, subcontractor or service provider. All persons and vehicles entering the SBFZ shall be subjected to strict inspection in implementation of these border regulations. Vehicles with person/s disqualified to enter the SBFZ shall be asked either to turn around OR disembark the disqualified person/s before being allowed entry. Thank you for your cooperation.

Guess we will be taking our tourist dollars elsewhere :hystery:

You're right.  I forgot about that.  Talked to a guy from Angeles who brought his family.  He said he had to argue his way through the checkpoints to explain the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Heeb said:

That’s a steal, I must avail of that as soon as I return, I made a trip out there on my bike shortly after it reopened and they weren’t charging yet but it was empty. 

Yes, much cheaper if you go enough times.  Also, you can bring any three people with with you each time.  The first annual pass I had 5 years ago was for 6 but only 6 people you named on the first visit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 6:54 PM, scott h said:

Since we live so far away, we would probably want to stay at the hotel. Have you stayed overnight there, or general impressions of the hotel?. We normally go south (so we dont have to go through Manila) and our fav resort is not open yet. cabin fever is rearing its ugly hear :hystery:

The pitter patter of little feet will be the monkeys running across the roof of the hotel room and any food left unattended on the tables is free game for them.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2020 at 4:18 AM, earthdome said:

The pitter patter of little feet will be the monkeys running across the roof of the hotel room and any food left unattended on the tables is free game for them.

I saw those monkeys today.  They look skinny!  Not enough customers. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...