Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jimeve said:

If it would have been BLUE. 

 Yes we all knew that EH?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It never would have  suited you Jim, wrong Colour 

I got this email from whom I thought was PayPal:  "Your PayPal account is temporarily restricted."  I went on PayPal and sent them a message asking what was the problem.  I got a reply saying my accou

Always look at the Email address it was sent from. Very easy to tell as usually nothing to do with paypal in the Email address. I just delete as soon as I see the address. 

Posted Images

  • Forum Manager
9 hours ago, RobH said:

I messaged pay pal they told me I could use Philippine paypal, but you need a Philippine bank to use it, there is no way I want a Phil bank and beside its so little used here,

With a Philippines paypal account you can link as they say a Philippines bank. Surly you have a wife or GF with an account you could use if only wanting to use a few times a year?  Second you can link a debit card but I am unsure if it needs to be a Philippines bank but possible not as its Mastercard/ Visa Etc. 

For those in the US there is a link to link a US bank account rather than Philippines. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

With a Philippines paypal account you can link as they say a Philippines bank. Surly you have a wife or GF with an account you could use if only wanting to use a few times a year?  Second you can link a debit card but I am unsure if it needs to be a Philippines bank but possible not as its Mastercard/ Visa Etc. 

For those in the US there is a link to link a US bank account rather than Philippines. 

I wonder if you actually need to link to an account here - I opened a PayPal account a few weeks ago but it wasn't required to register a bank account.  That said, I'm not sure how you would be able to move money in and out of the account without doing so.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I use my US PayPal account for FoodPanda purchases here. Have been ordering a couple times a week for over a year and they haven’t said anything. knock on wood I guess. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some of these fake Paypal emails this past few weeks.

As JGF says...just go to your proper Paypal site, sign in, and if all normal there, delete the email. (You can also report it to Paypal while on their site).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure how you would be able to move money in and out of the account without doing so.

I had a Philippine PayPal for years.  They would never let me "fund it" from my bank account.  I had to link to a Philippine credit card (which the Philippiine bank would not give me without an account).  I deposited From PayPal to the Philippine bank account when people sent me money but if I purchased anything from PayPal they would first use any funds in my PayPal account (put there by people who sent me money only) and then if there were no funds available then the amount of the purchase would be charged to the linked Mastercard.

Strange set up.  But it worked for me at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Shady said:

Easy solution, just get a local number https://www.kall8.com/LocalNumbers

The real problem is when a financial institution requires a local number to call you.

Thanks, Had a look but no good for the UK

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I wonder if you actually need to link to an account here - I opened a PayPal account a few weeks ago but it wasn't required to register a bank account.  That said, I'm not sure how you would be able to move money in and out of the account without doing so.   

No you dont but if you want to transfer funds into your account then yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TimL said:

I use my US PayPal account for FoodPanda purchases here. Have been ordering a couple times a week for over a year and they haven’t said anything. knock on wood I guess. 

That's not against PayPal policy, you can even add a foreign address to your PayPal account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I had a Philippine PayPal for years.  They would never let me "fund it" from my bank account.  I had to link to a Philippine credit card (which the Philippiine bank would not give me without an account).  I deposited From PayPal to the Philippine bank account when people sent me money but if I purchased anything from PayPal they would first use any funds in my PayPal account (put there by people who sent me money only) and then if there were no funds available then the amount of the purchase would be charged to the linked Mastercard.

Strange set up.  But it worked for me at the time.

Thanks - I opened an account but haven't actually needed to use it. My plan was to receive payments into it and use these funds to pay for stuff.  In effect, I wouldn't actually move money in/out from my bank account anyway.  I really wanted to keep the PayPal account isolated from everything else.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...