Shipping Small Parcel USA to Cebu

russellmania
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wouldn't it be easier to buy them here online from Pharmacys or whatever. 

Back in February when the covid got going and shut downs starting happening and people starting hording in cebu city, she could not find them in Pharmacy and online. I went out and bought them thinking I was headed back to cebu city in April. Corona virus stopped that so I been holding on to them ever since. I thought I could send them a little easier now since quarantines are lifting. I will see if she has checked around lately there and I will just hold the vitamins til I can get back.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Any reason why we can't try them in UK?  It might be worth a shot for some items.  Amazon is in UK, correct?

Yes, they are. My registered Amazon delivery address is the Shipping Cart one. You can get all sorts of vitamins on Amazon UK.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Yes, they are. My registered Amazon delivery address is the Shipping Cart one. You can get all sorts of vitamins on Amazon UK.

I checked that out last night.  I didn't realize that both UK and US shipping cart operate from the same web site, and you can get quotes for both there.  I will have to look into that in more detail.  I hope that Amazon UK will allow me to open an account.

Side note.  If you look back at some of my old posts, I praised U.S. Amazon for having some really good rates for shipping to Philippines.  I think they had a good contract with UPS.  That is all gone.  Shipping to Philippines either does not exist for most products, or is ridiculously expensive.   It is all a mess.

A.  With my address defaulted to Philippines, it is supposed to only show me items eligible to ship to Philippines.  I add things to my cart, including things I bought and shipped to the Philippines before, but when I check out, it rejects them for shipment to the Philippines.  This is simple stuff, like exactly the same shirts I ordered before.

B.  After browsing through many items, I finally found a bottle of Saw Palmetto that will ship to Philippines.  $14.99 + $111.39 for shipping! :shock_40_anim_gif:I think that is not Amazon shipping.  It appears to be from the shop, called Expedite Me.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I checked that out last night.  I didn't realize that both UK and US shipping cart operate from the same web site, and you can get quotes for both there.  I will have to look into that in more detail.  I hope that Amazon UK will allow me to open an account.

After browsing through many items, I finally found a bottle of Saw Palmetto that will ship to Philippines.  $14.99 + $111.39 for shipping! :shock_40_anim_gif:I think that is not Amazon shipping.  It appears to be from the shop, called Expedite Me.

That’s a ridiculous shipping cost! The minimum shipping charge from the UK with Shipping Cart is around $18.99.
I have shipped three items within that charge. Additional items are then charged for, but can go up as little a 60c per item for small things, generally just 2 or 3 dollars per smallish item, which is not too bad. Charges are by weight and volume. 
Charges from the UK are also in US dollars, not GBP.

• Like 2