Need a cheap laptop? Good luck!

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Knowing how the Government run everything using Facebook here I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Dell Philippines Facebook with all the information you may need ref repairs, parts etc.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Knowing how the Government run everything using Facebook here I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Dell Philippines Facebook with all the information you may need ref repairs, parts etc.

It seems not - the Dell website does but have service sections but no listing of service centres. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It seems not - the Dell website does but have service sections but no listing of service centres. 

I'm no longer on Facebook but found this link. https://web.facebook.com/OfficialDellPhilippines/?_rdc=1&_rdr

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm no longer on Facebook but found this link. https://web.facebook.com/OfficialDellPhilippines/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Yep...I got that far too but it seems everything is online and I assume their chat agent will direct you to an authorised repairer. 

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm certain they must have approved repairers as the devices are covered by warranty - it's the same for many appliances here in that repairs are carried out by approved technicians rather than in-house.

That's exactly how they do it, you won't find any Dell service centers, you have to call Dell support, then they will give you the address where to bring the laptop or where to call to get an on-site engineer...who will show up in a "XYZ Computers" or whatever uniform which looks shady but they get the job done.

Same thing with my LG TV, no LG service centers or LG techs, but the authorized repair shops can handle it.

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Shady said:

That's exactly how they do it, you won't find any Dell service centers, you have to call Dell support, then they will give you the address where to bring the laptop or where to call to get an on-site engineer...who will show up in a "XYZ Computers" or whatever uniform which looks shady but they get the job done.

Same thing with my LG TV, no LG service centers or LG techs, but the authorized repair shops can handle it.

The Dell laptop that I overpaid for in the PH has this label on it.

PIC -DELL.JPG

Fortunately, I never had to call for help.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jack D said:

PIC -DELL.JPG

Thanks!  I will try that.

Shady
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jack D said:

PIC -DELL.JPG

Yep, same numbers I posted here:

I did have to call for help, and they did help, by sending an authorized technician because I had premium on-site service (worth the cost).

Edited by Shady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I was looking for a replacement laptop thesister in law bought a new HP one for 45,000 pesos its so thin it seems very fragile.Anyway i have always liked the Panasonic toughbooks and was lucky enough to find one on Facebook Market place reconditioned For 18,500 pesos met the guy in Manila he showed me it working it looked brand new not a mark on it and all the protective covers were on it! All i have done to it is changed the hard drive to a SSD my test program is Trainz 2019 which it runs perectly so im a happy bunny !

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Not a laptop but a printer - We needed a new one for my son's online classes (the ink costs 2,000php and only available online and we can get a new printer for 4,000php).  Went to SM City electrical floor - plenty of printers stacked in the 3 or 4 stores we visited but all of them were reserved for the LGU!  We finally got one in the HP store for 4,000php so no issues but I do wonder why the LGU need so many new printers - it seemed they bough up all available stock.  Vaccination centres maybe but seems late in the day for that.