Need a cheap laptop? Good luck!

Knowing how the Government run everything using Facebook here I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Dell Philippines Facebook with all the information you may need ref repairs, parts etc.

• Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not only the Philippines.  I saw a story that laptops are hard to come by in the U.S. too.  The manufacturers said it is because some of their suppliers can't keep the parts supply flowing, due

I agree Don, you better start shopping for replacement.  How often do you use the touch screen?  You can get a laptop with more enhanced features at a lower price without the TS.   If you have th

Hi guys, I was in Electronics Retail for several years, and 4 years before my retirement, I was a Best Buy store manager in Longview, TX. When at Circuit City, I was the Regional over the Firedogs. Ha

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Knowing how the Government run everything using Facebook here I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Dell Philippines Facebook with all the information you may need ref repairs, parts etc.

It seems not - the Dell website does but have service sections but no listing of service centres. 

38 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm no longer on Facebook but found this link. https://web.facebook.com/OfficialDellPhilippines/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Yep...I got that far too but it seems everything is online and I assume their chat agent will direct you to an authorised repairer. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm certain they must have approved repairers as the devices are covered by warranty - it's the same for many appliances here in that repairs are carried out by approved technicians rather than in-house.

That's exactly how they do it, you won't find any Dell service centers, you have to call Dell support, then they will give you the address where to bring the laptop or where to call to get an on-site engineer...who will show up in a "XYZ Computers" or whatever uniform which looks shady but they get the job done.

Same thing with my LG TV, no LG service centers or LG techs, but the authorized repair shops can handle it.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Shady said:

That's exactly how they do it, you won't find any Dell service centers, you have to call Dell support, then they will give you the address where to bring the laptop or where to call to get an on-site engineer...who will show up in a "XYZ Computers" or whatever uniform which looks shady but they get the job done.

Same thing with my LG TV, no LG service centers or LG techs, but the authorized repair shops can handle it.

The Dell laptop that I overpaid for in the PH has this label on it.

PIC -DELL.JPG

Fortunately, I never had to call for help.

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Jack D said:

PIC -DELL.JPG

Thanks!  I will try that.

7 hours ago, Jack D said:

PIC -DELL.JPG

Yep, same numbers I posted here:

I did have to call for help, and they did help, by sending an authorized technician because I had premium on-site service (worth the cost).

Edited by Shady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1