S&R

insite
Posted
Posted

Yesterday at S&R my partner and I were told at security that only one person per card could enter apparently under the guise of CV precautions.

Right beside the security guard stopping us entering was a desk where they were selling new cards !

So two cannot enter on one card but the same two can enter on two cards if you simply cough up and buy a second card for the privilege of shopping with your wife   :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, insite said:

Yesterday at S&R my partner and I were told at security that only one person per card could enter apparently under the guise of CV precautions.

Right beside the security guard stopping us entering was a desk where they were selling new cards !

So two cannot enter on one card but the same two can enter on two cards if you simply cough up and buy a second card for the privilege of shopping with your wife   :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

We stopped going to S&R but IIRC the card allowed 1 guest per visit. If they are going to try to be clever and insist 1 card per customer then I'd imagine they'll lose customers. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, hk blues said:

. If they are going to try to be clever and insist 1 card per customer then I'd imagine they'll lose customers. 

But if I am correct 50 % of occupancy is allowed so what they are trying to do is stop those who just want to stretch the rules.  And on the other side of it depending where you are, only one member of the household is meant to go out. ! 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But if I am correct 50 % of occupancy is allowed so what they are trying to do is stop those who just want to stretch the rules.  And on the other side of it depending where you are, only one member of the household is meant to go out. ! 

Yep, I understand that and see no problem IF it's only during the current crisis.  But, as the poster seems to suggest they might be taking advantage and selling an additional card which seems like profiteering. 

insite
Posted
Posted

Yes I am also of the opinion it is a cash grab.

The card is in my partners name and I was refused entry but within 10 mins I could buy a new card in front of the security who stopped me and could enter .

It has nothing to do with 50% occupancy , FM passes nor one household member allowed out as those restrictions were lifted for some weeks in Davao.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep, I understand that and see no problem IF it's only during the current crisis.  But, as the poster seems to suggest they might be taking advantage and selling an additional card which seems like profiteering. 

Yeah right.

Big companies are finding it hard so do what you can to get a peso.

Sorry just tired of this crap so ignore me. A rule here, a law there. Different one 1 k up the road.  Bla delete everything I tried to say.

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted

Since last year there has been a one person per card policy. 

We became members on the 26th November 2019 and had to pay for two cards. 

Wish we hadn't bothered joining, as i wasn't impressed  with the the things that they stock. Big bags and tins of unhealthy foods. Then a lingering smell of food on your clothes for the rest of the day. 

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Gas said:

Since last year there has been a one person per card policy. 

We became members on the 26th November 2019 and had to pay for two cards. 

Wish we hadn't bothered joining, as i wasn't impressed  with the the things that they stock. Big bags and tins of unhealthy foods. Then a lingering smell of food on your clothes for the rest of the day. 

Not in Davao - this is new in the last week.

So I am wondering what happens when Mamma , Pappa , Granny and the four of five kids want to go shopping and have a large feed of pizza and burgers after do they all need cards or will the pizza be sent out for them to eat in the car park.

I was spending between 10 / 20K ( sometimes more ) a month in there and I wont be any further.

The 700 pesos membership fee is peanuts in relationship to their overall T/O

Pure lunacy :bash:

Edited by insite
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, insite said:

Not in Davao - this is new in the last week.

So I am wondering what happens when Mamma , Pappa , Granny and the four of five kids want to go shopping and have a large feed of pizza and burgers after do they all need cards or will the pizza be sent out for them to eat in the car park.

I was spending between 10 / 20K ( sometimes more ) a month in there and I wont be any further.

The 700 pesos membership fee is peanuts in relationship to their overall T/O

Pure lunacy :bash:

This was S&R Santa Rosa and definitely last year as i checked the membership cards. Probably it took a few months to get the memo to their southern branches!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Gas said:

This was S&R Santa Rosa and definitely last year as i checked the membership cards. Probably it took a few months to get the memo to their southern branches!

What do you mean "check the membership cards"?  I just looked at mine and it has nothing about this.  I renewed last November and it is good til Nov. 2020.

• I'm Confused 1