Working PC to giveaway

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Hi, I live in Makati and have a 17 inch Asus pc to giveaway but I cant find any charity that accepts pc's..... even though in this time I would expect there would be some worthy ones, or schools etc

Pc is in excellent working order although I have removed the hard drives so they need replacing.

Would be happy if anyone has a contact  so I can give this pc to a worthy cause/destination.

I recently boxed up about 10 boxes of books and gave to a charity that operates a kids reading programme in Nueva Ejica.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

but I cant find any charity that accepts pc's..... even though in this time I would expect there would be some worthy ones, or schools etc

Perhaps contact member Bruce, https://www.philippines-expats.com/profile/404-bruce/

Charity, https://www.philippinebasicneeds.com/

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Whenever I replace my laptop, the old one is mailed to Bruce's home address in Florida.  The laptop is then included as part of his regular balikbayan box shipments to Catbalogan, Samar.  If the pc or laptop is already in the Philippines, Bruce can provide you with a local mailing address in Samar.  This was the arrangement for one of my donations

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

If the pc or laptop is already in the Philippines

The OP has said he is in Makati so something can be worked out. 

Freebie
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Whenever I replace my laptop, the old one is mailed to Bruce's home address in Florida.  The laptop is then included as part of his regular balikbayan box shipments to Catbalogan, Samar.  If the pc or laptop is already in the Philippines, Bruce can provide you with a local mailing address in Samar.  This was the arrangement for one of my donations

Thanks for the help here.. Ive aready sent him an email.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

If you haven't off loaded the computer yet I have a contact who is a teacher for the Mangyan tribes of Oriental Mindoro. Due to covid and the vulnerability of the Mangyan she is trying to set up remote teaching.  I'm in the process of trying to get a refund from Air Juan and all the proceeds will be going to try to kit out a classroom. I know they'd be very grateful as the Mangyan are pretty much ignored by the Government.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

If you haven't off loaded the computer yet I have a contact who is a teacher for the Mangyan tribes of Oriental Mindoro. Due to covid and the vulnerability of the Mangyan she is trying to set up remote teaching.  I'm in the process of trying to get a refund from Air Juan and all the proceeds will be going to try to kit out a classroom. I know they'd be very grateful as the Mangyan are pretty much ignored by the Government.

Hi ther.. well i havent heard back from the gent to whom I sent the email so yes its still available... Im familiar with some of the Mangyan work as Ive been on that road that goes White Beach many times and seen where they live, the handicrafts etc.... Happy to help if I can.....is there a private messaging means here.. then I can contact you directly.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You should be able to PM here or if it's OK with admin I can put my contacts Facebook link up.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You should be able to PM here or if it's OK with admin I can put my contacts Facebook link up.

No, PM works fine.