U.S. Embassy Manila and Cebu Resume Some Services

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I guess this group is as good as any other for this topic.

This info is passed on from Jack Walker, Director of Subic Bay RAO.

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines
Message for U.S. Citizens: Limited Consular Services Resume; Passport Renewal by Mail Information
August 24, 2020

Effective September 1, the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Manila will resume limited provision of in-person passport services, by appointment only. Notary services, including Affidavits In Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage, remain suspended.
Before making an appointment, please visit our website to review U.S. passport application requirements. You may qualify to renew your passport by mail; more information on passport renewal by mail is available there. If you are eligible to renew your passport by mail, DS 82, please do not make an appointment for an in-person service. Instead, submit your application, demand draft, and required documents via traceable post mail, courier service, or other traceable shipping service in accordance with the instructions on our website. Do not send cash or a personal check with your application.
If you are not eligible to renew your U.S. passport by mail, DS-11, please make an appointment. Please limit the number of family members coming to your appointment to only those necessary for the requested passport service.

We also will resume limited passport acceptance services at the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu. To make an appointment at the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu, please email ACSInfoCebu@state.gov.

To comply with social distancing guidelines and help ensure your safety, the ACS Unit is working with limited staff and will strictly control the number of people in the waiting room at any one time. As a result, we cannot provide any walk-in services.

Everyone must have an appointment and wear a mask in order to enter the Embassy or Consular Agency. Hand sanitizer will be available for your use in the waiting room.

For emergency services, please contact us directly at ACSInfoManila@state.gov, or call the U.S. Embassy in Manila at +63-2-5301-2000.
For updates on travel and safety in the Philippines, please see our web site.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Good information, mine expires in January 2021.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

Good information, mine expires in January 2021.

Actually perked me up to and I started an "expiration file".  With a family of 5, 2 with dual passports and 2 with U.S. visas and NZ visas, it is hard to keep track!  We need to be prepared for travel after Covid!

Everything is good but my wife's US visa expired.  My oldest daughter's US visa is good until 2027.  I guess my wife will stay home for the next U.S. trip!  :hystery: