air ticket broker / consolidator

RDD1955
Posted
Posted

My wife ( filipina / US citizen )is going to need to travel to Manila on short notice.  We are is the final stages of sponsoring / hosting a young niece on a F-1 visa.  My wife will need RT  Ft. Laud to MNL and a child's ticket on the return.

The dates are unknown ? but will be this year.

Please advise on any travel agencies ? or ticket brokers ?  that might be able to assist me

Thank You,  RDD1955

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RDD1955 said:

My wife ( filipina / US citizen )is going to need to travel to Manila on short notice.  We are is the final stages of sponsoring / hosting a young niece on a F-1 visa.  My wife will need RT  Ft. Laud to MNL and a child's ticket on the return.

Please advise on any travel agencies ? or ticket brokers ?  that might be able to assist me

Thank You,  RDD1955

Perhaps some kind of an introductory post first may avail you of more responces. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If you live near a major city phone or visit for an Asian travel agent who are ticket consolidators.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/29/2020 at 7:06 AM, RDD1955 said:

Thank You,  RDD1955

Best to check out the airlines that will be operating and book through them. 

Heeb
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, RDD1955 said:

Thank You,  RDD1955

My wife is trying to talk me into hosting two of her nieces on F-1 visas, she talked to someone from DWSD in Laguna and they told her it’s the fastest and easiest way to adopt them, I did some googling and I can’t see how this could lead to an adoption and it looks very expensive, if you could share your thoughts on the subject it would be appreciated.

RDD1955
Posted
Posted

you are about 90% right.  It is definitely the fastest way around all the World Court B.S. concerning adoptions, etc

But the whole F-1 application process is  $$$$     The largest expense of course (besides air fares ) would be that you can NOT send them to public school.  Must be PRIVATE (tuition) + it must be SEVIS accredited

As concerns the adoption part ?  that depends more on individual circumstances  ie: safety and well-fare of the children.

And that would need to be a very carefully thought out, and legally assisted application ( as we will do ).  In any case this would be something that would take YEARS

It ain't a very easy or efficient way to do things, but it is sort of a "end-run" where it gets you to the end-zone, but the play is under review

Hope that helps ?  any advice on a good ticket broker ?

RDD1955

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

RDD1955, Ticket broker…..

Do you live near a major city? If so IMO it would be best you find an agent nearby. You will be traveling back and forth to Philippines having a personal relationship with an agent is probably the best course. Even better if you can find a Filipina American.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Do you live near a major city?

On 8/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, RDD1955 said:

My wife will need RT  Ft. Laud to MNL and a child's ticket on the return

I am guessing he lives near Ft L.  I am also guessing that the consolidators are not operating as they did in pre-covid days so its a whole new ball game.  Batter up.

• Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, RDD1955 said:

you are about 90% right.  It is definitely the fastest way around all the World Court B.S. concerning adoptions, etc

But the whole F-1 application process is  $$$$     The largest expense of course (besides air fares ) would be that you can NOT send them to public school.  Must be PRIVATE (tuition) + it must be SEVIS accredited

As concerns the adoption part ?  that depends more on individual circumstances  ie: safety and well-fare of the children.

And that would need to be a very carefully thought out, and legally assisted application ( as we will do ).  In any case this would be something that would take YEARS

It ain't a very easy or efficient way to do things, but it is sort of a "end-run" where it gets you to the end-zone, but the play is under review

Hope that helps ?  any advice on a good ticket broker ?

RDD1955

That’s what I gathered, I checked the cost of some schools around here and it was over 10k per year easy

RDD1955
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2020 at 9:27 PM, Old55 said:

If you live near a major city phone or visit for an Asian travel agent who are ticket consolidators.

Any such agencies or brokers in the south florida area ?

We don't really care which airline, or which "hub" we use ( Taiwan, S Korea etc )