air ticket broker / consolidator

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Would fly into LA or San Fran and get direct flight on PAL to Manila.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Would fly into LA or San Fran and get direct flight on PAL to Manila.  

Yes, FLL / LAX / MNL is by far the fastest.  I just read that United has made "no re-booking fees" permanent, but of course that will change after a year or two.  It was mentioned that others will follow with the "permanent" status.  I used to live in the FLL area and most of the time flew Delta.

I have been looking into flights to Orlando in the next year or two.  I could fly Clark / Doha / Florida on Qatar for a decent price on really nice aircraft, but the time is a killer.  I heard that Qatar is great.  I wouldn't mind doing a 2-3 day layover in Dubai if flying Emirates.  However, my friend who has done both says Qatar is far better than Emirates.  Similar aircraft and prices most of the time.

• Like 2

RDD1955
Posted
Posted

My brother who lives in Houston, and works for IBM   He flies direct from Houston to Taiwan, and then flies evergreen to MNL 

That would work for us also.  Houston to FLL would be the final leg

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RDD1955 said:

My brother who lives in Houston, and works for IBM   He flies direct from Houston to Taiwan, and then flies evergreen to MNL 

That would work for us also.  Houston to FLL would be the final leg

Given the current situation I’d be careful about flying thru any Chinese airport. Seems like I read somewhere Philippines are not even allowing flights from China, but that may have changed. I would not be surprised though if they are screening them even more thoroughly though. 

You might even looks for flights originating from West Palm and Miami we might save you a few bucks. 

On the hope that they will allow tourists to travel I already booked my flight with American Airlines back in early April or May when fares were very low and they offered free changes as well as full refunds.  Tampa > Dallas > Tokyo > Manila in business class was just under 2k USD. If not for the low fare and refund policy I would have waited. 

If I was booking now, given all that others have reported here on the board, I’d take Yeochief’s and OMW’s advice and book on PAL via LAX or SFO. Or via Japan or even Korea. I would not fly thru any Chinese airport. Period. 

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Check with Bruce, a former member of this forum.  He flies frequently between his home in Hollywood, Florida to Samar where Bruce has a small charity.  One of the forum moderators can give you his email.  Bruce mentioned to me he has a ticket to the Philippines around November, but may cancel if quarantine requirements remain.  

RDD1955
Posted
Posted

the "red flag" about flying thru Taiwan is probably wise ?  KOREA is probably a better choice.    PAL is OK,  my big ? there is about getting seats when we need them ( maybe early November )  We  might have to choose from what is available  ?  from any airline ?  

That was why I was seeking a recommend on a air ticket broker / consolidator ? 

I was hoping to get them further than the west coast, without having to "switch" airlines.  I think some  "connect" directly on to Atlanta or perhaps Orlando ? after stopping in LA ?

ALL advice welcome.

RD

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RDD1955 said:

ALL advice welcome.

The problem is that some passengers make it to the Philippines first try and some get their flights cancelled so no one plan fits all.

These are trying times.  Some people have paid exhorbitant prices to get flights when they are available.  Others get a cheap flight and get lucky.  Also, the rules can (and do) change within hours of flight times so you might be one of the lucky ones but prepare to get stuck somewhere just in case.

That is how I would plan it.  My wife would not go back to the Philippines on her own right now.  She is too worried about getting stuck somewhere along the way when/if things do not work out.  Perhaps your wife is more adventurous.

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gator said:

Given the current situation I’d be careful about flying thru any Chinese airport.

Yes I'd be cautious about that as well, the Aussie government just issued travel advice for China saying "Australians at risk of arbitrary arrest in China".

Could be a factor for people from other 5 eyes countries also...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-07/dfat-changes-travel-advice-for-australians-in-china/12431134

• Like 1