Why go from your country.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, kuripot said:

Not always as easy as it sounds. If you have only a backpack and no persons left behind, I would be gone yesterday. I used to think I could spend rest of my life here (I supposedly have decades left to live) but I overestimated the progress that would take place. I don't notice much of anything improving at present, some things are going backwards.

Can I ask you if there is a day where you have a good day. Surely you dont need customer service everyday?  Could it be where you chose to live? If you are working and have to live in the city and stuck in traffic then it's not going to be a good day. If you are retired normally no hurry, chose a nice location to live then there must be something positive at times. 

I understand at this time it's frustrating and it is many times but there must be days when you or anyone else thinks that this is the place to be. 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Have you cut all you ties to your homeland and if not could you go back there.

I know I could not live there permanently myself , holidays would be enough for me, and like you say out of the cities it’s a beautiful place to be.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I understand at this time it's frustrating and it is many times but there must be days when you or anyone else thinks that this is the place to be. 

Each of us has our own levels of comfort, expectations, and personal circumstances.  It is not really surprising that many expats who dream of living here find out they are not happy and either move back to their home country or try another country.  For me most of my days are "this is the place to be".   A person should never say never, but it will be seven years this October and I do not see any reason that I would move back to the USA or anywhere else for that matter.  

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Some days I (hey, probably all of us) feel just like Kuripot but these are few and far between.  Most of the time I can be philosophical and, when comparing quality of things and service, I remind myself (sometimes after the event) that things are cheap here for a reason.  I'm not saying everyone should accept it as it is, but if they cannot then this isn't a place that will make them happy.

• Like 4

Joey G
Posted
Posted

"Why go from your country?"...  everyone has a reason... as do at least 1.8M Filipinos living in the USA alone.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Joey G said:

"Why go from your country?"...  everyone has a reason... as do at least 1.8M Filipinos living in the USA alone.

They like Canada too:

The findings indicate that a total of 837,130 people of Filipino ancestry were counted on Census Day on May 10 last year.

The last Census established that Canada has a total population of 35,151,728.

With a number of 837,130, Filipinos now comprise 2.3 percent of the Canadian population.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, jpbago said:

They like Canada too

I know my lady likes Canada, but she has not yet seen the cold.  A friend married a filipina and brought her to Edmonton.  She lasted almost a year before moving back to the Philippines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Hate is the wrong word for me .

On my visits to the Philippines as a tourist life was great and the places we seen was great too and I could see myself living somewhere in the Philippines, Bohol was my choice but not my partners as she would say ‘ I don’t know anyone there ‘,

She wanted to be close to the family and reading and listening to how the family life in the Philippines is , it sounded something like my life growing up in England as a youngster was, I was so wrong .

So while there are certain members of the family around In the Philippines , then it will not be my home in the future 

• Like 2