shipping from the philipines to international

Sally
Posted
Posted

hey guys, anyone here knows how the shipping works, anyone who had experience to ship a balikbayan box back to their country, if that so hope comeone can help me or suggest me where can i ship my parcel from the philippines to the US? cheaper and reliable way of shipping it. I am planning to send a planters to my client  but i was told by the courier staff that they don't allow such things to ship international because they are strict about receiving any parcel. Don;t really have any idea about so i hope someone can help me. Thanks. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Sally.  I have not sent anything back to the USA but I expect others have and will have some information for you. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Sally said:

a balikbayan box back to their country,

Welcome Sally

A year or so ago I asked LBc if they shipped BB boxes to the states, the answer was a big no. They said use Phil Post..........I did not try :hystery:

I think I also asked Fedex I dont remember what they said but I do know I have never shipped anything larger than an envelope to the states

Good luck:thumbsup:

Sally
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

Welcome Sally

A year or so ago I asked LBc if they shipped BB boxes to the states, the answer was a big no. They said use Phil Post..........I did not try :hystery:

I think I also asked Fedex I dont remember what they said but I do know I have never shipped anything larger than an envelope to the states

Good luck:thumbsup:

yeah i have tried to ask LBC if they ship kind of item but they just refused it so now i go to phlpost and ask about me they said yes and do some calculations but i was very surprised about the shipping total cost, it is more then half times i charge the customer for the actual item so i think it is not ideal i will spent more than the profit, doesn;'t make any sense i guess. Selling online and shipped to other country is way harder than i thought.  anyways thanks scott for the feedback :)

Sally
Posted
Posted

also wondering what kind od probihited items that are being restricted?

Sally
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Welcome to the forum Sally.  I have not sent anything back to the USA but I expect others have and will have some information for you. 

Thanks Mike, it is my first time hehe so im trying to figure out how it works so that is why i even joined to a forum :). yep hopefully someone would give an idea :) coz  im sending a pili nuts. 

intrepid
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Sally said:

The US is as strict on these items like most all other countries

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/know-before-you-go/prohibited-and-restricted-items

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Sally said:

Did you mean you are sending plants or something else. As you are not shipping personal items for yourself it's not really a babalikan box so you are looking at international freight . Also each countries have rules such as what must have been fumigated or if its say live plants then probably not allowed because of the risk of disease it could spread disease to other plants or same as if you made something from wood it would probably need to be certified pest free.

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Sally said:

Thanks Mike, it is my first time hehe so im trying to figure out how it works so that is why i even joined to a forum :). yep hopefully someone would give an idea :) coz  im sending a pili nuts. 

I love the garlic nuts sense the first time I tried them many years ago.  FYI, cooked nuts are allowed to be shipped to the US.  Raw nuts are not allowed.  From my experience there is no low priced shipping out of the country like the Philippines have set up here.   I usually wait until we travel back to the states and take along as part of my luggage.

• Love it 1

Sally
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did you mean you are sending plants or something else. As you are not shipping personal items for yourself it's not really a babalikan box so you are looking at international freight . Also each countries have rules such as what must have been fumigated or if its say live plants then probably not allowed because of the risk of disease it could spread disease to other plants or same as if you made something from wood it would probably need to be certified pest free.

sorry to misinterpret it, its not  plants.. its a personalized plants container made of used bottled together with pili nuts if you know that thing :) yep i understand the rules but i guess my item is not dangerous and not a liquid or anything that is prohibited?