Dining in the New Normal

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, scott h said:

filled in all our contact information on a form that you need a mircroscope to read 

Getting to be  a bit like this here of Late Scott:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, scott h said:

...and filled in all our contact information on a form that you need a mircroscope to read :hystery: lol

Ah the form - a waste of time IMO.  Firstly, nobody checks the information is provided at all, never mind legible - I accept they cannot be expected to verify the details.  As with many things here (and elsewhere) it's all part of the appearance of doing something. 

It's not just a problem here as anyone who follows the UK's monitoring of those entering the UK under the new quarantine regulations will know.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ah the form - a waste of time IMO.  Firstly, nobody checks the information is provided at all, never mind legible - I accept they cannot be expected to verify the details.  As with many things here (and elsewhere) it's all part of the appearance of doing something. 

It's not just a problem here as anyone who follows the UK's monitoring of those entering the UK under the new quarantine regulations will know.

Totally agree.. Ive become a bit tired of having to scan a QR code to enter my nearby mall... found out i can totally dispense with the QR scanning part by simply taking a screen shot of me being logged into the scan app and simply showing the guard the screen shot.. which is of course identical to the logging in page.

My friend is worse.. once the guard hands him the piece of paper for contact tracing he takes the paper folds it up and put it in the box.

And who does what with all those grubby bits of paper.... are people rally checking them or will we find one day they were all dumped in a landfill ?

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

Well we donned our masks and shield, had our shoe bath, hand sterilized and temperature check at the mall door. Followed the arrows on the floor being watched by alert traffic security guards. Got to the restaurant, had our temp checked again, hand washed and shoes bathed and filled in all our contact information on a form that you need a mircroscope to read 

4 hours ago, scott h said:

Pretty soon our order was brought out and placed on the table, water poured and first round of meat placed on the burner..........we were then shown to our table and left alone,,,no contact with the staff until we asked for the bill

Hope that you enjoyed your meal after all that Scottie!

Personally I would rather of stayed at home and cooked a meal there.....Question; is there life after Covid?

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

And who does what with all those grubby bits of paper.... are people rally checking them or will we find one day they were all dumped in a landfill ?

What do you think happens to them?  I'd like to think they would be part of an effective track n trace system but don't see it. Have you looked at the addresses given - most are the area or city with nothing more specific. Literally not worth the paper they are written on. I tell my wife this but she becomes defensive about how things work here. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I tell my wife this but she becomes defensive about how things work here. 

:whatever: As  They do HK, as they do :smile:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whatever: As  They do HK, as they do :smile:

I know Jack - it just slips out and I know what's coming as soon as I've said it!  I take a mental note to not do it again which I stick to until the next time.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 2
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Freebie said:

are people rally checking them or will we find one day they were all dumped in a landfill ?

The idea I believe is if someone is found to be covid positive then and if that person recalls where their been then they can see who else has been to that store to try to locate them. They do have teams of contract tracers out there. I dont know if there is any database of names from all these forms which I doubt but could be from the code scanners but that system is not everywhere. 

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

HK, do you know of anybody that has entered the UK recently and has self-quarantined for 14 days?  If so, did that person actually get checked by the authorities to see whether they were actually following the quarantine rules?

• Like 1