Dining in the New Normal

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The idea I believe is if someone is found to be covid positive then and if that person recalls where their been then they can see who else has been to that store to try to locate them. They do have teams of contract tracers out there. I dont know if there is any database of names from all these forms which I doubt but could be from the code scanners but that system is not everywhere. 

We don't have code scanners here - at least, nowhere I've been to.  Just the good old paper and pen.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

HK, do you know of anybody that has entered the UK recently and has self-quarantined for 14 days?  If so, did that person actually get checked by the authorities to see whether they were actually following the quarantine rules?

I don't Eddie.

But, from everything I've read it seems the system in theory is sound but it's not being monitored.  I cannot recall the percentage being checked but it was negligible.  I also read that only 5 (it may have been 10/12) fines have been issued for non-compliance. To be fair, the report also said that in many other countries the same problems exist.  

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, the report also said that in many other countries the same problems exist.  

Definitely not the case in Australia, many many fines are being issued for breaches of lockdown and travel restrictions (not just in Victoria either but I don't have a link handy for the national numbers).

victoria-police-issue-almost-20000-fines-for-covid-19-breaches

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ah the form - a waste of time IMO.  Firstly, nobody checks the information is provided at all, never mind legible - I accept they cannot be expected to verify the details.  As with many things here (and elsewhere) it's all part of the appearance of doing something. 

It's not just a problem here as anyone who follows the UK's monitoring of those entering the UK under the new quarantine regulations will know.

One day in the future astronomers will discover a giant black hole where all these forms are located... I saw many people just dropping empty forms in the box (not giving an advice here...)

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Definitely not the case in Australia, many many fines are being issued for breaches of lockdown and travel restrictions (not just in Victoria either but I don't have a link handy for the national numbers).

victoria-police-issue-almost-20000-fines-for-covid-19-breaches

There were many fines issued in the UK for breaches of lockdown restrictions, just not many for breaches of quarantine requirements.  

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, jaybee said:

One day in the future astronomers will discover a giant black hole where all these forms are located... I saw many people just dropping empty forms in the box (not giving an advice here...)

I haven't seen anyone drop in empty forms but certainly the info provided would not enable a track n trace to be used effectively - not detailed enough and illegible or both.  Also, mostly not 1 form per person, 1 form per group usually. 

Good intentions but...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I haven't seen anyone drop in empty forms but certainly the info provided would not enable a track n trace to be used effectively - not detailed enough and illegible or both.  Also, mostly not 1 form per person, 1 form per group usually. 

Good intentions but...

The ones I see here are not individual person forms rather one line for each person registering so everyone that enters is on the same form page after page.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The ones I see here are not individual person forms rather one line for each person registering so everyone that enters is on the same form page after page.

We have both formats here - most restaurants are using the single form per person but other shops are mostly using the sheets you mention. 

Explorer
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The idea I believe is if someone is found to be covid positive then and if that person recalls where their been then they can see who else has been to that store to try to locate them. They do have teams of contract tracers out there. I dont know if there is any database of names from all these forms which I doubt but could be from the code scanners but that system is not everywhere. 

Last thing I want is a government employee on my doorstep with a faulty covid test forcing me into a 14 days quarantine in an undisclosed location...

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Last thing I want is a government employee on my doorstep with a faulty covid test forcing me into a 14 days quarantine in an undisclosed location...

I'll be fine - I put my wife's name and contact details on all the forms anyway. :smile:

• Haha 2