Pemberton Released Early

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

According to the Wiki article, the sentence was 6-10, and he served 6.

Right - so maybe the family accepted the 4.5m php based on an expectation of the higher end rather than the minimum.  We don't know so all is just idle chat of course.  

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

I wonder how many 'bar fines' it was based on...allowing for inflation of course ?  :89:   

Hard to work out, post covid or not as for the expected bar fines in the next few years will be lower or cheaper and for the many  past months of compulsory chastity belts where no sales could be generated have to be taken into account.

This is above my edumacation level so I wonder if Geoff might have some statistics or projections going forward to the new normal. 

:popcorn: :smile:

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

for the many  past months of compulsory chastity belts where no sales could be generated have to be taken into account.

This is above my edumacation level so I wonder if Geoff might have some statistics or projections going forward to the new normal. 

I have no personal experience with chastity belts and I must bow to your superior knowledge :whistling:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Hard to work out, post covid or not as for the expected bar fines in the next few years will be lower or cheaper and for the many  past months of compulsory chastity belts where no sales could be generated have to be taken into account.

Make sure you factor in PPE!

768fee90-ec8e-4459-9e0f-aaeecb4c85e2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Make sure you factor in PPE!

768fee90-ec8e-4459-9e0f-aaeecb4c85e2.jpg

Always something that could be missed. I wonder if one is allowed to remove the mask while giving,, never mind :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Perhaps a volunteer could do some "field" work and report back? :whistling:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just now, Old55 said:

Perhaps a volunteer could do some "field" work and report back? :whistling:

OK, all the member I banned over the years step up. Once mission accomplished I will let you come back.  :1927_:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Here is the breakdown for the fine (wikipedia).

Pemberton remained at Camp Aguinaldo and under the Bureau of Corrections control until the appeals were heard.  Pemberton was ordered to pay fines to the Laude family totaling over 4.5 million Philippine pesos: 50,000 pesos civil indemnities, 4,320,000 pesos for loss of earning capacity, 155,250 pesos for funeral and burial expenses, 50,000 pesos for moral damages, and 30,000 pesos for exemplary damages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

Pemberton was ordered to pay fines

Lawyers get 1/3 ??

• Like 2