Boring boring

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Patient Jack, patient's, remember everyone is in lockdown and as age sets in, a bloke can only play with his JT for so long during the day, he has to do something with his hands for the rest of the time, so this is where a lot of this s=== generates from, Patient Jack. :thumbsup: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whatever: Well we are all entitled to our Opinions, I have mine and you have yours so I will be moving on.png and get bored with the Gun thing that is getting silly as Gun Topics do :wink:

Good bye Jack. Perhaps someday you'll find a forum that holds your interest. :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Now there is really grown up Post, Lets see which of you 2 Mods get bored with Topics and maybe i will remind you. Tom? well Tom T is just Tommy"T"

• Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jack, perhaps you could post things that would be of interest to us? You have extensive experience and insight into most aspects of  life as an Expat. Or post what's up with you now. Many of us here care about you and other members too.

Many Expats in Philippines and even the few members in home country's are all suffering the effects of this stupid virus. Some home country's are now having political or economic strife all this adds our stress. Some off topic or (virus expert) content is therapeutic don't you think? If it bores you don't read it read topics of interest instead. 

It's late afternoon here and a lovely day I have four lovely IPA's that I plan to enjoy.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Jack, perhaps you could post things that would be of interest to us? You have extensive experience and insight into most aspects of  life as an Expat. Or post what's up with you now. Many of us here care about you and other members too.

Dan, I tend to think that, People are overreacting to all this and are just Posting for Post counts, Self Serving in the Main, Graphs and this and that are going to tell us where we have been Not where we are Going. We get Posts about So called Idiots ( Not a word I like) that say they should have worn masks and whatever But yet, openly Admit that they allow others around them Not to. It matters now I guess but  I have raised  Topics and Posts with regard to life here and they always  get turned around to suit other posters ( they know who they are,)

There is nothing wrong with me, we, I and my family are safe and well because we do the right thing but just do not Blog everything to make me Look good, That is where it gets Boring, Then a topic gets turned into Guns an another about Dogs, neither of which had very little at the end about the Topic per say,

It is a pity that the Forum has of late has lost a little lustre, Many that Posters are not living here  so what's the use Posting  about life here when at the end of the day, they just want to be experts on something that few of the real experts know either :whatever: Maybe I will raise a Topic Later, So let's see how long it is until it gets turned to a Different thing, having said this, I do hope that this Forum is going to go the way Others have where we are not entitled to have an Opinion that is then turned into a debacle because it don't Fit to somes agendas, Many shout of Democracy, yet we could ask do they know what it means ( that is not meant or should taken in a Political Sense.:merrychristmas:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree, much of what you say is valid Jack. For example I live on the West Coast US and only visit Philippines. Although that will soon change. What you contribute is important and has value. For sure I appreciate it and I know others do too because they've told me so.

Members do add their thoughts to most all topics and I've seen times they attempt to undermine the topic author. When that occurs its wrong and Tom or someone steps in. I guess it is kinda a Democracy all members have equal say here within the simple forum rules.

Off topic is endemic and I'm not blameless in that regard. During these times perhaps it's best to let members express themselves. 

Could you sometime post about your dogs once more? I miss mine and enjoy your puppy postings.

I've got four very good quality IPA's fresh from the local micro brewery and plan to enjoy them. 

Happy Birthday Jack! :28:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Many that Posters are not living here  so what's the use Posting  about life here

:cheers:  I resemble that remark.

So I went through the forum guidelines https://www.philippines-expats.com/guidelines/ and I could not find anywhere that says posters must be or should be living in the Philippines at the time.  Hmmm.

In my case absence makes the heart grow fonder.  I like the memories of the Philippines better than I liked some of the actual living there.

Have a good one.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Many that Posters are not living here  so what's the use Posting  about life here when at the end of the day, they just want to be experts on something that few of the real experts know either 

I've always been clear that I have two places that I live and yeah I'm stuck in Australia well past the time I'd normally be in the Philippines, mostly I spend half the year in each country roughly.  And I've never claimed to be an expert about the Philippines nor about Covid, what limited medical training I do have is not research based.

I really don't mind people disagreeing with me and whatever you believe I wasn't posting for any form of self gratification, I was genuinly trying to keep people informed about whats happening with the virus.  If it would help I'm happy to give the Covid topics a miss from now on if that would change your mind?

I think it would be a shame if you left after 10,000 (ish) posts but at the end of the day it's your call.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I think it would be a shame if you left after 10,000 (ish) posts but at the end of the day it's your call.

Who the hell said I was leaving EH?  You can please yourself what you do

14 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

If it would help I'm happy to give the Covid topics a miss from now on if that would change your mind?

Change my mind about what my Opinions?

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Who the hell said I was leaving EH?  You can please yourself what you do

I thought you were going to do a dummy spit and a dramatic exit, if you aren't then good (like I said it would be a shame if you were to leave).

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic