AT LAST! the UK gives in to us ( mainly for UK Members on Pensions) including USA life proof, skype and Viber calls and inventions plus price of fish in China coming soon.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Why you ask? well for many years we from the UK could not send Proof of Life Forms by Email, now because of this Virus ( Covid 19) they are now letting us do this my Email or Telephone in line with most other Countries, The UK has to a large degree always said we are one of the best Yet, they were so very far behind in allowing us ( The Citizen abroad) chance to do the right thing to maintain our eligibility of Pensions The DWP Department of Works and Pensions now allow those on a State Pension to avail the system of Phoning to prove we are still alive.

Recently I had the same with my Government of Gibraltar Pension  to do the same ( Although that is now by Email)

My Private Pension is allowing the Completed and Notarized Form by email but  I will have to still return the Original as and when the International Post in (This for Negros for me) reinstated, I am not sure if those in Cebu or Manila have post yet, So I am hoping that when all this is over that the UK will Maintain this

On all the occasions and for some reason all 3 have come during the Lockdowns albeit 6 months old. To substantiate  my reasons for non return of the Form by Surface/Airmail I sent them this Link so that they can see in Negros Oriental ( Dumaguete ) we have still no Air Travel and Sea Travel.

How is it with other UK members ?:89: :shades:  

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1114307

Well Jack, first of all thanks for sharing the above.  

In the past 6 months I have had only 1 piece of mail from the UK - I have no idea what I've not received but I'm sure there must be more I'm not getting.  

I'm not in receipt of any pensions but I am able to conduct all my banking over the phone and can use the online system for my dealings with the NI department.  So far, I've not had any obstacles that I couldn't overcome - so far!  

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, Jack Peterson said:

How is it with other UK members ?:89: :shades:  

I phoned the UK DWP s few weeks back concerning my 'Proof of still alive' Just a few security questions and was good to go. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I also phoned the int pension centre but this time i used viber instead of PLDT int calls its a lot cheaper cost me $4 made 1 call to the pension centre and another recently to my UK bank viber balance is now $2.43

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

I also phoned the int pension centre but this time i used viber instead of PLDT int calls its a lot cheaper cost me $4 made 1 call to the pension centre and another recently to my UK bank viber balance is now $2.43

Have you tried using Skype for calls to the UK - could be a useful alternative to Viber and perhaps cheaper. 

roddavis
Posted
Posted

For "PROOF OF LIFE" form in the USA, have not seen the Usual form in June! Was it due Covid-19, was it sent in the silly Phlpost

slow mail and never arrived? I will never now. I wish we had a email version that I could send in. What I did this year was download the SSA-7162 proof of life form. I printed it out, signed it in blue ink. Scanned it to my sister in the USA to send from there along with the PO BOX address that you can't send with LBC/FEDEX/USP since it is a POBOX address. Why did I sign in blue ink, cuz with scanners now adays, it is hard to tell a scanned image with a real form. So hopefully they will accept the color scanned image with my blue signature! See without the form, the SSA pension may stop shortly as per the proof of life form. Although I talked with SSA when they were in Cebu, the SSA-7162 proof of life form says it must be signed in 60 days. As per the SSA Cebu, it would be 6 months in reality(so about the 1st of Jan). Hopefully it works!  :waiting_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, roddavis said:

For "PROOF OF LIFE" form in the USA, have not seen the Usual form in June! Was it due Covid-19, was it sent in the silly Phlpost

slow mail and never arrived? I will never now. I wish we had a email version that I could send in. What I did this year was download the SSA-7162 proof of life form. I printed it out, signed it in blue ink. Scanned it to my sister in the USA to send from there along with the PO BOX address that you can't send with LBC/FEDEX/USP since it is a POBOX address. Why did I sign in blue ink, cuz with scanners now adays, it is hard to tell a scanned image with a real form. So hopefully they will accept the color scanned image with my blue signature! See without the form, the SSA pension may stop shortly as per the proof of life form. Although I talked with SSA when they were in Cebu, the SSA-7162 proof of life form says it must be signed in 60 days. As per the SSA Cebu, it would be 6 months in reality(so about the 1st of Jan). Hopefully it works!  :waiting_80_anim_gif:

SSA in Manila says those downloaded forms don't work.  I tried it as well.  SSA Manila has a process if you don't receive it.  I will try and find my old e-mails about it and post it in a new thread.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

I will try and find my old e-mails about it and post it in a new thread.

:89: Why a new Topic, This is what I mean about changing Topics to suit others Agendas:Mad:

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Have you tried using Skype for calls to the UK - could be a useful alternative to Viber and perhaps cheaper. 

That's what I used 'Skype' 2.50 pounds a month cancel anytime. .

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Why a new Topic, This is what I mean about changing Topics to suit others Agendas:Mad:

Why would I post information about U.S. Social Security in a topic called "AT LAST! the UK gives in to us ( mainly for UK Members on Pensions)"?

I have no agenda Jack.  Hope you are doing well.

• Like 4

• Jollygoodfellow changed the title to AT LAST! the UK gives in to us ( mainly for UK Members on Pensions) including USA life proof, skype and Viber calls and inventions plus price of fish in China coming soon.