AT LAST! the UK gives in to us ( mainly for UK Members on Pensions) including USA life proof, skype and Viber calls and inventions plus price of fish in China coming soon.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I dunno... sounds pretty fishy to me :whistling:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I knew we would get around to the subject eventually :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, graham59 said:

No probs...I can take it like a (English)  man.  :1927_:  :mocking:

I thought that was just a rumor, but if you say so :whistling::tongue:

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Back to the topic.  Earlier in the thread there was mention of the USA annual I am still alive report (SSA-7162).  Below is a copy of my email to SSA in Manila and their reply which I received yesterday.   So it appears the forms will be mailed at some future date.

My email:

With no mail service to and from the USA how will the annual requirement be handled?  I live in Moalboal, Cebu and we have not received mail for several months and outgoing mail to the USA is not being accepted by the local post office.

Thank you,

Their response:

Thank you for contacting the Social Security Administration's Federal Benefits Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Due to the ongoing pandemic, the annual mailing of reporting forms SSA-7162 and SSA-7161 has been delayed. The forms will be mailed out later this year so, at this time, no further action is needed. To stay updated about what SSA is doing during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may visit SSA’s COVID-19 Updates page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Back to the topic.  Earlier in the thread there was mention of the USA annual I am still alive report (SSA-7162).  Below is a copy of my email to SSA in Manila and their reply which I received yesterday.   So it appears the forms will be mailed at some future date.

My email:

With no mail service to and from the USA how will the annual requirement be handled?  I live in Moalboal, Cebu and we have not received mail for several months and outgoing mail to the USA is not being accepted by the local post office.

Thank you,

Their response:

Thank you for contacting the Social Security Administration's Federal Benefits Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Manila.

Due to the ongoing pandemic, the annual mailing of reporting forms SSA-7162 and SSA-7161 has been delayed. The forms will be mailed out later this year so, at this time, no further action is needed. To stay updated about what SSA is doing during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may visit SSA’s COVID-19 Updates page.

I suppose it's possible to send mail via courier using LBC etc.  but that won't help if you haven't received the form in the 1st place.

Is it only the USA with no mail coming in or going out? 

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Is it only the USA with no mail coming in or going out? 

Dumaguete Post Office are not receiving any Mail for International Forwarding.

8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I suppose it's possible to send mail via courier using LBC etc

Our Airport is Closed to Regular Commercial Flights and Sea Travel also, so at this time, we seem to have no courier service  :whatever: Luzon and Cebu maybe, as they have operating International Flights, We obviously can't get our Mail to either:smile: Luckily as I said From the Start , we in The UK ,certainly have a way around this now.

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Dumaguete Post Office are not receiving any Mail for International Forwarding.

Our Airport is Closed to Regular Commercial Flights and Sea Travel also, so at this time, we seem to have no courier service  :whatever: Luzon and Cebu maybe, as they have operating International Flights, We obviously can't get our Mail to either:smile: Luckily as I said From the Start , we in The UK ,certainly have a way around this now.

Thanks Jack.

I actually received a piece of mail from the UK about a month ago - i was a little surprised so obviously some mail is getting through somehow.

I need to apply for a new passport soon so I'm unsure how that will go! 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

e obviously can't get our Mail to either:smile: Luckily as I said From the Start , we in The UK ,certainly have a way around this now.

In this day and age Im surprised anything needs the snail mail to achieve a result. The one good thing about this covid is it has sped up some things here in the Philippines such as more online and technology being used than before.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

In this day and age Im surprised anything needs the snail mail to achieve a result. The one good thing about this covid is it has sped up some things here in the Philippines such as more online and technology being used than before.

I need to replace my passport - that needs to be done by snail mail - I think that's true for everywhere.

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed that many companies here still haven't introduced online payment i.e. Philhealth, my electricity and water companies, my HOA to name a few. That said, I personally now pay as much as I can online now. 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I need to replace my passport - that needs to be done by snail mail - I think that's true for everywhere.

Passport renewals are done on-line and they use a courier service. 

• Thanks 1