AT LAST! the UK gives in to us ( mainly for UK Members on Pensions) including USA life proof, skype and Viber calls and inventions plus price of fish in China coming soon.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

it just can't be done

@Gas Gas My Friend, are you by chance saying that Bacalod has Air Transport or Ferry to Luzon, Manila and or Cebu?

Gas
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

@Gas Gas My Friend, are you by chance saying that Bacalod has Air Transport or Ferry to Luzon, Manila and or Cebu?

Yes, somewhere on your island has as we are shipping there on a regular basis from just outside manila.  Taking a bit longer than normal but packages are getting to Bacalod and also down to Dumaguete. I also just asked at the J&T courier office which is next door to my little sweat shop and they are also shipping to Dumaguete. 

Now i am curious and i will find out the exact details tomorrow Jack. 

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Gas said:

Yes, somewhere on your island has as we are shipping there on a regular basis from just outside manila.  Taking a bit longer than normal but packages are getting to Bacalod and also down to Dumaguete. I also just asked at the J&T courier office which is next door to my little sweat shop and they are also shipping to Dumaguete. 

Now i am curious and i will find out the exact details tomorrow Jack. 

It must have, wife and I have parcels shipped from China, only two weeks ago. But why can't Philpost get mail?

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, jimeve said:

. But why can't Philpost get mail?

Its a government owned and run business. Do i need to say anymore :no:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not in my book, or dictionary. It's either electronic or it's snail. And, given an email to the UK will arrive within a matter of seconds whilst a package sent by courier will be up to a week it's easy to see why it's snail mail.

Anyway, we're drifting off topic now.

Yes, your definition is different than mine and probably more correct than mine, now.  In the express package industry we referred to the normal mail system as snail mail, and ours was express.  However, I do understand how the term has evolved now to be any physical mail vs. e-mail.  I still think in the terms I used before e-mail was popular.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Regardless, a UK passport application does not route via the embassy in Manilla anyway (that I'm aware of) so that's irrelevant to us Brits.

So you do not engage the embassy at all for passport renewals?  That sucks.  Definitely need to use DHL, FEDEX, UPS, etc.  Do they recommend one?

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

So you do not engage the embassy at all for passport renewals?  That sucks.  Definitely need to use DHL, FEDEX, UPS, etc.  Do they recommend one?

Yep, it does.  We complete the online application, then send the printed forms along with the "old"passport to be renewed to the UK - the old and new passport are returned by courier.  The embassies stopped getting involved in the process maybe 7 or 8 years ago - not just here but everywhere.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep, it does.  We complete the online application, then send the printed forms along with the "old"passport to be renewed to the UK - the old and new passport are returned by courier.  The embassies stopped getting involved in the process maybe 7 or 8 years ago - not just here but everywhere.  

Yes, cost cutting, most likely.   The U.S. Embasssy Manila had a good setup with Air 21 for old passport pickup and then returning the new passport to you.  Then the passports are sent in bulk to the U.S. processing center in the U.S., by diplomatic pouch, using DHL or whoever has the contract.  However, there is a high service charge, over $100 when I did it.  The first part can also be done at an Embassy outreach.  I sure hope they bring those back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1