Posted

Would be disturbing to me if it came from a more reliable source :whistling:

That's if there is such a thing :89:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

My Grandfather always said that China and Russia showed of their Toys on May Day Because that is all they had But..............:whatever:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

How are the Chinese going to sell anything if their customers (us) have got no money...and only anti-Chinese feelings ? :89:

Makes no sense. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

Would be disturbing to me if it came from a more reliable source :whistling:

That's if there is such a thing :89:

If you read thought it, in order, the case laid out is compelling.  Sorry you don't care for the source.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

How are the Chinese going to sell anything if their customers (us) have got no money...and only anti-Chinese feelings ? :89:

Makes no sense. 

Probably buy from the Western companies that the Chinese own. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

If you read thought it, in order, the case laid out is compelling.  Sorry you don't care for the source.

Quote from Wikipedia;

"The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right[3][4] news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods and spreading hoaxes.[5]"

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Quote from Wikipedia;

"The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right[3][4] news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods and spreading hoaxes.[5]"

OK, fine, but you have to look at individual topics independently, and as I said, I thought the case was compelling.  It could be entirely falsified, but I clicked on all the sub-links to the Twitters, and they are all there.  It appears to be valid, and we are hearing about this type of China and Russia influencing on all the news outlets.  This article appears to have started because of a NY Times article and they certainly are not right wing.

I actually came across that because of a local Olongapo Filipino political opinion guy I follow on FB.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Quote from Wikipedia;

This is the NY Times article, if you happen to find them more legit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/08/technology/china-twitter-disinformation.html

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

My thoughts are that the only weapons to be concerned about are Nukes and they have been around a long time.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio-class_submarine#Description  My thoughts about nukes, is you need to be concerned about the smaller countries, not the big guys.  The US has had weapons ready to fire for a very long time.  The first sea-based missile deterrent forces were a small number of conventionally powered cruise missile submarines (SSG) and surface ships fielded by the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1950s.  My thoughts are when someone writes about weapons, that is old news, newer systems are already out and they will be written about in about 10 years.  

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic