Philippines will go for cheapest COVID-19 vaccine

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Joey G said:

Am I the only one who NEVER asked what company made the vaccine before I had it administered? 

I might ask from now on just to be curious... but will continue to trust my Doc on vaccines.

You're not alone.  

I try to avoid the anti-this country, anti-that country, anti-the other country debate.  I'm sure if we transported ourselves to one of those places the same feelings would exist but the names of the countries would be different.  Of course, we are right and they are wrong! :whistling:

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

IMHO, I think to wait a little while. I've read the differences in some of the Covid vaccines and they vary on implementation and dosage. Some replicate the virus, some block the protrusion on the virus, others replicate the antibodies, and the list goes on. What nobody can tell you for sure is how long it lasts. Is it with the first method last 3 months, then the second last 2 months ...etc. To get a little clearer picture requires the vaccine to have been around for at least a year! So do you want a booster shot every 2-3 months, and probably not free. I think I would wait a little latter to get mine!  Even when du30 heard about the Chinese version of the vaccine when it was first announced, he made a deal to the Chinese to get it first for the Phil. people to do the initial test. He even agreed to take it first. Then weeks latter, he declined to accept the injection. Probably somebody got to him and let him know it wasn't fully tested! Its okay for the people, but not him!

As with anything Chinese (and Russian), it does't last long!!! So check out the requirement for a monthly, bi-monthly, or even 4 month booster shot!

• Like 3

carbpow
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't even buy a used car until I check out the history of how that model performed for other people so I certainly won't be the first in line for a vaccine without a track record. I am seriously concerned about these drug companies rushing out a vaccine to be the first to make the most money rather than the first to make the most effective vaccine.

Edited by carbpow
typo
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, scott h said:

I was never given a choice are ask for an opinion :hystery:

boot shots.jpg

I remember that.  When they finished with me I had blood running down one arm.  I made sure to walk past the incoming line so they would know what was in store for them.   This was them :Caught:, this was me :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, GeoffH said:

The Philippines government have an active vaccination program for infants and Rotary in the Philippines have active vaccine programs as well.

Why would they bother?  Because it's free, and the benefits outweigh the downsides in almost all people.

This is absolutely correct, my partner informs me all children in our area (Visayas) are given shots at their local health from 3 months on, free of charge. Her nephew is also one of these kids. Perhaps this is one big difference between flu and covid.

• Like 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, jimeve said:

I volunteered for the Russian vaccine trials for Covid-19. I finally received my first shot & wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

Lol.  Funny stuff Pinochio!😉😁

• Haha 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic