Davao City to lift liquor ban on September 21

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I learned today that Mayor Inday (Davao, daughter of his honour, the Prez),reinstated a curfew here. Supposedly everyone home between 7 pm and 5 am. Apparently she is just being cautious because there is no specific rise in cases. And this is effective through December 31.

Also, liquor ban during the same hours. I know it is to stem the public drinking on the streets and outside homes during those times. But I also had to laugh - curfew between 7 pm-5 am? And no alcohol sales during those hours? Hmmm... who will be out buying booze if the curfew is in effect during those hours?

I guess there is sortof logic there?...

Edited by Tommy T.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Also, liquor ban during the same hours. I know it is to stem the public drinking on the streets and outside homes during those times. But I also had to laugh - curfew between 7 pm-5 am? And no alcohol sales during those hours? Hmmm... who will be out buying booze if the curfew is in effect during those hours?

I guess there is sortof logic there?...

I had a bit of a chuckle last night reading the news as I think I said when they lifted the ban to stock up incase. Anyway I think what I read your back to total liquor ban and not just curfew hours. 

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I had a bit of a chuckle last night reading the news as I think I said when they lifted the ban to stock up incase. Anyway I think what I read your back to total liquor ban and not just curfew hours. 

Well... at least not yet. I bought some more Tanduay this afternoon... But, who knows? Maybe tomorrow it is back to bootleg Tanduay for 250 per verses the 104 I just paid a couple hours ago...

I think I misunderstood your post... There is not total liquour ban...yet... But just during curfew hours... I guess we'll see what happens...?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I think I misunderstood your post... There is not total liquour ban...yet... But just during curfew hours... I guess we'll see what happens...?

I will have to look it up but doesn't start until the 15th anyway.

Added

Sara Duterte reimposes curfew, liquor ban in Davao City
By ANTONIO L. COLINA IV -OCTOBER 12, 2020 4:02 PM
DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 12 October) – Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte has ordered the reimposition of the curfew and liquor ban, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting October 15 to December 31, 2020, amid the surge in the number of confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the city.

During her live interview over the Davao City Disaster Radio (DCDR 87.5) on Monday, Duterte said that the curfew must be reimposed to restrict the non-essential activities of the people.

“We are trying to shorten the time wherein the people could do extracurricular activities other than their work,” she said.

She said the local government needed to take a drastic move to put the transmission of the highly contagious virus under control because the COVID-19 isolation ward of the Southern Philippines Medical Center is almost full.

In restoring the curfew, Duterte explained that she anticipates that more people will go out during the holiday season.

“We expect an increase during the holiday season because this is the time when the people are in a celebratory mood. We are on a (virus) surge right now. Add to that the holiday celebration, we will drown,” she said.

As of October 12, the Department of Health – Davao reported 3,610 cases in the region with 2,801 recoveries and 118 deaths.

Of the total cases, 2,363 were reported in Davao City, 391 in Davao del Norte, 285 in Davao Oriental, 242 in Davao de Oro, 241 in Davao del Sur and 88 in Davao Occidental.

Duterte’s Executive Order (EO) 55, which was released on Monday, prohibits the selling of liquors and orders “sari-sari” stores to close within the curfew period.

The individuals who are exempted from the curfew include workers from government offices and private establishments; medical doctors and veterinarians; workers of public utility companies such as energy, water and internet conducting construction, maintenance or emergency activities; those in subsistence and business fishing activities; individuals attending the wake of a family member; and all persons in medical, emergency and disaster cases.

Duterte said she is set to issue another order expanding the exemptions provided in EO 55.

She said that exempted individuals are required to present, during inspection on the streets or at checkpoints, their identification cards that they are from establishments or offices that are allowed to operate within the curfew period.

Duterte encouraged establishments, places of worship and other institutions to adjust their operating hours.

The local government prohibited the drinking of alcoholic beverages in public places such as roads, alleys, open spaces and other similar places at any given time, while the singing of videoke and karaoke inside private property would be prohibited from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. every day.

The order provides that the purok or community leader could seek police assistance at any time of the day to require households to turn off a videoke/karaoke machine, if the sound has become disruptive to the neighborhood.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 10/13/2020 at 4:31 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 12 October) – Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte has ordered the reimposition of the curfew and liquor ban, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting October 15 to December 31, 2020, amid the surge in the number of confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the city.

I guess we were clairvoyant? On Friday, Mayor Sara reinstated the total liquour ban in Davao beginning tomorrow, November 2nd. It is slated to run from then until December 31. What a party pooper!

So I stocked up today on Tanduay, San Mig Light, red wine, gin and some pop type drinks for L. I would not be surprised if this time the ban will continue for a while longer.

According to L, there has been an upsurge in infections, mainly due to reckless and inconsiderate people not following the guidelines about masks, etc., and getting drunk together without social distancing. It appears to be yet another example of a few ruining the way of life of the many.... Well, at least this time we are prepared for a long siege...:cheersty:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Potential business opportunity? :smile:

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Certainly given that these bans tend not to stop alcohol sales rather drive them underground with a hefty premium added.  

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Old55 said:

Yep we will see the sign for Tommy's Tanduay on his house build thread soon :smile:

Our town has had a liquor ban since March, however i haven't heard of anybody being fined for selling or drinking alcohol, so its pointless. 

• Haha 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Gas said:

Yep we will see the sign for Tommy's Tanduay on his house build thread soon :smile:

:facepalm_80_anim_gif: Pleeeeeeeeeeeze No

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gas said:

Hmmm... no way will I sell any... It's all MINE!!!!:shooter:

But maybe I will try making hard cider or something else like some others have done?:89:

At least I'm off the hook for buying beers for this thirsty crowd here!!! Whew!:56da64a8e0a60_13_4_101:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic