Electric Warm Showers v Standard Cold Showers

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Darren_UK said:

Thanks for all the replies and advice, lots to take into consideration. 

Does anyone know how much in total this will cost me? The Panosonic showers are 7500 each so that’s 22,500. The builder has told me he will buy cables etc and install but how much is the water pressure booster pump, heaters, compressor etc?

What will the total price be? Just an estimate to give me an idea. 
Thanks! 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Cables and pipes are cheap, but get the more expensive pipes, worth it. Labour is cheap. as you know.

• Like 2

Darren_UK
Posted
Posted
On 9/17/2020 at 10:48 AM, jimeve said:

On 9/17/2020 at 10:51 AM, jimeve said:

Cables and pipes are cheap, but get the more expensive pipes, worth it. Labour is cheap. as you know.

Thanks Jimeve, wow lots of pressure tanks to choose from at various prices. What store is that?
We don’t have any stores like that here on Bantayan Island so very limited choice.

Darren_UK
Posted
Posted

I’ve decided that I’m going to get 3 Electric Showers and provide hot water for the 3 cottages. 
I have seen a Panasonic Shower with built in booster jet for faster water pressure which could be Ideal for our low pressure water. Has anyone used or have this model: Panasonic DH-3JP2P?

The problem is that’s it’s much more expensive at 12,500 each. It might be less costly just getting the cheaper model for 7,500 (DH-3JL2) then fitting a booster pressure pump and compressor. 
Decisions, decisions, what would you do?

Thanks! 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Darren_UK said:

I’ve decided that I’m going to get 3 Electric Showers and provide hot water for the 3 cottages. 
I have seen a Panasonic Shower with built in booster jet for faster water pressure which could be Ideal for our low pressure water. Has anyone used or have this model: Panasonic DH-3JP2P?

The problem is that’s it’s much more expensive at 12,500 each. It might be less costly just getting the cheaper model for 7,500 (DH-3JL2) then fitting a booster pressure pump and compressor. 
Decisions, decisions, what would you do?

Thanks! 

There are a few things to consider

1, cost

2,availability of spare parts. It is probably easier to get parts for the bigger pump than the shower units.

3, installation,which is easier to install.

4, How much space do you have one against the other. If outside space is limited the go for the booster water heaters.

As for where you can get these things it will probably be nearer a bigger town/city unless a local supplier can order it for you. 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

From my experience go for the Stiebel Eltron, not expensive, super reliable  and will operate without requiring very high water pressure. We are on the 4th floor and at times the pressure is low, so far no issues.

Just a mention here as off topic, trying to juggle foreign and local tourists to your rooms may present a problem. Mostly expats require peace and quiet, wishing to relax.  Generally speaking locals relax in a different style and the two do not always mix.   As per Rupyard ...and never the twain shall meet....

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

From my experience go for the Stiebel Eltron, not expensive, super reliable  and will operate without requiring very high water pressure. We are on the 4th floor and at times the pressure is low, so far no issues.

I just bought three of these, based upon the recommendation of some forum members here... I did a bit of online research and they do have a good reputation.

Currently, there are Voda units in this apartment and I consider them to be rubbish. They have the booster pumps, but I can't see that they make a difference... The water temperature goes from cold to very hot during a shower with little change in water pressure - quite annoying...

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Just a mention here as off topic, trying to juggle foreign and local tourists to your rooms may present a problem. Mostly expats require peace and quiet, wishing to relax.  Generally speaking locals relax in a different style and the two do not always mix.   As per Rupyard ...and never the twain shall meet....

Yep...seconded.

They are German and very reliable - ours has only been in use for about 18 months but no problems.  That said, about once a month or so our water pressure dips below the minimum level and the heater just cuts off so cold water only - the shower is on the ground floor.  Not a big deal. 

• Like 1

Darren_UK
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies.

The problem we have on the island is the lack of choice. We only have 2 small stores on the island selling a limited selection of heaters & showers so I don’t really have the option to buy the Stiebel Eltron. The only decent electric showers are Panasonic. 

Cebu City is the nearest city where you can buy most things but it’s 1 Hour ferry plus 4 hour bus each way and then we need all sorts of Passes & Certificates, then 14 days quarantine when we get back so not really an option.

Maybe I go for the Electric Showers with booster Jet pumps built in, then hopefully the Water pressure will be ok! 
Thanks for your advice! 

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Darren_UK said:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

The problem we have on the island is the lack of choice. We only have 2 small stores on the island selling a limited selection of heaters & showers so I don’t really have the option to buy the Stiebel Eltron. The only decent electric showers are Panasonic. 

Cebu City is the nearest city where you can buy most things but it’s 1 Hour ferry plus 4 hour bus each way and then we need all sorts of Passes & Certificates, then 14 days quarantine when we get back so not really an option.

Maybe I go for the Electric Showers with booster Jet pumps built in, then hopefully the Water pressure will be ok! 
Thanks for your advice! 

Have not checked how ever I am sure your able buy at Lazada or shoppe.

• Like 1